Ch.1 What's happening?

I sat up only to bump my head on the top bunk bed frame.
"Owie." I rubbed my head. I sat there regaining my will to live.
I walked into the bathroom and flipped the switch for the lights.
I stopped with my hand still on the switch. I flipped it again. Thrice. Four times. It didn't light.
Hmm. I'll have to play with the electrical box later. This house is pretty old.
The house was a simple one story. With a flat roof. In a tiny community. Holding only 10 houses. All the families here are very close. Usually we'll have neighborhood barbecues or parties for New Years.
I bent over to do my 'always fucked up bed hair' under the tall faucet. I turned the handle but nothing came out.
Huh? Thats weird maybe I'll check the pipe.
I opened the cupboard. It was bare, nothing in it. Usually it was loaded with various cleaning items and towels. "Weird." I thought.
The pipe seemed fine, it was tightend at least. I tried the faucet again and nothing. Dry as a cactus.
I tried the shower. Nothing as well.
What the hell is going on? Nothing seems to work. Hmm. I stopped infront of the mirror and looked at myself. Messed up black-brown hair. Check. Bits of acne on forehead. Sadly check.
I decided to skip the bathroom and walk to kitchen to eat. The hallway led out to the living room, connected to the kitchen. The windows were. Boarded up?
I hope this isn't a sick prank. "Hello? Sis. You here?" I checked around for hidden cameras. Nothing of the like.
Someone banged on the door, multiple times. Oh great. A sign of life.
I walked over to the door and peered through the little viewing hole. It was really blurry so I couldn't see the person on the other side. I opened the door,"Hi wha-AHHH!"
I hastly slammed the door almost breaking my fingers. The 'what I thought was a person' turned out to be some monster. Its jaw was hanging bloodied. Its ribs showing and everything in the background seemed abandoned.
I push a chair under the handle and locked it. I walked over to a window and peered through it. It was like a horror scene those identical monsters roaming amlously on the street. Houses abandoned and boarded up. Cars over turned and some with a hint a flame.
I ran back to my room and grabbed my katana hanging on a shelf. I took the sheathe and the blew the collecting dust off it. I pulled the long sword out. I put a pillow on its side standing up.
I stood and swung it high to low, just as I was taught, and sliced it in half. "Well if that thing's skin was decayed and bones weakened it should do the trick."
I put on a pair of cargo pants and a blue t-shirt. I grabbed my back pack and put my dark grey sweater in it. I attached the sword to my belt loop and swung the bag over. I grabbed my dagger, looped the sheathe around my left thigh and left for the kitchen. I checked the cupboard to see if there was any food left.
Dammit. Empty.
I decided to go out and search the stores just down the street. I creeped out the back checking if those monsters were around back. I closed the door softly and walked behind the houses, where the monster activity seemed to be slim.
Made it to the grocery store and glanced inside. Its pretty bare. Only cobwebs covered most of the shelves. Looks like there's no monsters in the store. I opened the shop's door and went inside.
"Hello? Anyone in here?" No response. I checked the shelves top to bottom. I managed to find some canned peaches and moldy fruit. Yuck. There wasn't anything else. Even the cashier area was empty.
The other stores didn't have much either. Just some more peaches and canned beans. Ew. But I guess it'll have to do. I put the food back into my bag. And walked out onto the open street.
I turned onto the street which was pretty clear of those monsters. I walked down the street dodging those monsters along the way.
How did even all of this happen? Where's Sis? What happend to the government? Is the military coming to help us? Where's. Anybody for that reason.
Whoa. I stopped in my tracks for what I saw. There was another one of those monsters bending over another one. It was still moving over it. Probably eating it. I slid my sword out and approached it slowly.
Just as I raised it to swing it turned around and shouted," Wait wait wait!" I'm not one of them!" Taken back, I jumped back. "It- It can talk?"

OH SHIT NEW STORY! Hi if your reading this from the 2nd chapter, as promised I updated so it fits in more.