Chapter 9

"Maybe it's a sign." Abigail laid outstretched on her bed. I laid on the floor, my hands resting on my stomach. I had told her all about mine and John's encounter at the mall while we were there.

"A sign of what?" I held my hand out in front of my face, examining it.

"Uh. That, you guys were meant to be. That the universe thinks you two make a lovely ghost couple. I don't know." Abigail and I let out a little laugh in unison and then I heard her roll over on her bed, her head now near the edge of it, peering over at me.

I let out a sigh. "You know, it's weird. This guy that I didn't really have more than a couple conversations with when I was alive, now is a ghost too. It's just odd. And now he's like, everywhere, and apparently when we touch we light up like fiery fools." I rolled over on my stomach.

"Well. I think you should meet up with him again. You know, so you can get to the bottom of all this." She moved her hand around in a quick circle.

"I don't think I can just call him up Ab." I laughed and lazily rolled onto my back again. I let out a big sigh. "But I really wanna see him again..." I stared up at the ceiling, arms stretched above my head.

"I could make that happen." A smile started across Abigail's face.

"Oh really?" I gave her a doubtful look.

"Yeah!" Abigail shot me a determined look and then jumped up from her bed. She walked over to her desk and picked up her phone, wiggling it in front of her face. "Who is John always with? His brother of course. And who gave their number to Zac no less then three hours ago? Me." She smiled triumphantly.

"So...we just, wait, for him to call?" I propped myself up on my elbows.

Abigail stared at her phone, her facial expression now changing to disappointment with a hint of confusion. "Uhm. Yep...Huh. Kinda thought this would have been a bit more exciting..."

I laughed and stood up from the floor. "Hey, it's still pretty exciting. I mean, he probably won't call till tomorrow. You know, so he won't seem creepy or eager or anything." I gave her a teasing look. "He's probably gonna ask you out on a date or something too." I gave her big smile and pushed her playfully.

"....Shut up." Abigail laughed and then made her way past me and to her closet. "Luke and I are gonna go catch a movie. Are you gonna come?" She pulled a black hoodie out and threw it on over her head.

"Uh, you know. It's okay. I think I'm gonna stay here. Have a little me time. Since you follow me around everywhere." I gave her a smile and laughed a bit as she made a face at me. She laughed and then assured me she wouldn't be long then she headed out the door.

I sat at her desk and stared out the window. It was quiet, and I was left to be with just my thoughts. And they all wandered towards John.