Hyunwoo

You were almost an exception. She almost loved you.

I have read somewhere that when you are always with the same person, they make their way to grow in you. Somehow someway their arms branch out to you like a street straight down to their soul. Waiting to be walked on. Waiting for someone who's willing to take the risk of walking in a path with no clear destination at all.

I didn't realize that I've been travelling on hers. That despite the signs I saw, the people who kept on telling me "Don't", I still chose to walk to her. And I thought I managed to grow in her. But what I didn't saw coming is that she's the one who grew in me.

I knew Sooyoung like the back of my hand. Her knitted brows, her small smile, her big doe eyes, how she plays with her fingers, the redness of her hands, the deep sigh, her lowered gaze, how she purse her lips. All of these have deeper meanings I could easily point out. She's like a book. Everything in her shouts emotions and hidden feelings. And I always love to read her again and again.

"Wae?" She asked me through the mirror. She's busy removing her hair extensions while I'm leaning my head on the door frame, observing her.

"Do you wanna hang out for a while?" I asked. She seems troubled ever since she cried during the live concert with her co-drama actors which also marks the end of their filming. Something inside me is telling she's not okay.

"Nah. I just want to rest at the dorm."

"I'll let you have a drink." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"I can't oppa. We have a schedule tomorrow afternoon." 

"Actually you can go Joy. Our schedule for tomorrow is canceled so you can go with Sungjae. Just take care arasso?" Irene noona interjected. 

"Eonnie, how can you say yes easily?" Sooyoung complained.

"Ah wae? It's not like Sungjae's some kind of a stranger?" 

"Ah, jinja fine." She mumbled obviously defeated but she still looks annoyed.

I grabbed her bag and walked behind her as she hurriedly went out of the room leaving me on her tail.

I reached out to her wrist but before she struggle to get out of my grip, I cupped her cheeks.

"Sooyoung-ah, I'm not asking you to tell me everything. Just let me get your mind off for a while, okay?"

She heaved a deep sigh before replying. "Okay."

We went to my car. I managed to pass by a drive through of a fast food chain and ordered some burger and fries. She automatically smiled upon seeing the food and I almost had a hard time controlling the laugh. 

"Oppa, ahh."She said asking me to open my mouth. I followed her command and she stuffed the burger on my mouth.

"Where are we going anyway?" She asked.

"It's a secret." I replied smirking.

"Yah! This is kidnapping!" She mumbled while hitting my arm.

"Yah Sooyoung-ah! I'm driving!"

"Oh, mianhe mianhe." She said and sat up properly while looking through her window. She became silent again. Her mind is travelling miles away speeding up on the highway and never noticing the red lights and police.

I drove towards the outskirts of Seoul. I smiled remembering where we are headed. I just hope we came here in the right time.

"Oppa! You should've told me earlier!" She said while jumping up and down due to excitement.