Chapter - 1

Laila's Pov.

Stepping out of truck carefully not to distrub Amy from her sleep, she snuggle more close to me as the cold wind hit hard.

Rubbing my Palm's on her back i tried to warm her.

I looked up at two story house in front of me, it was old style wooden house, beautiful but need some changes and repairs.

The dust and dried leafs surrounding it clearly says that it was not in use for many years.

I heard footstep, which stop beside me i moved my gaze from the house to my side.

"it's big" familiar black orbs turned to look at me, giving my sister Ella small smile i took steps towards the house.

We moved here in the city Lowa, we include me, my little sister Ella and my niece Amelia (Amy) for short. It is a beautiful city heavily blessed with nature has 80% area was covered by forest.

As we entered the house it was nothing like i expected, i thought it might be all dust and spider nest every where but instead it was clean inside. Not totally clean but descent enough.

I sigh thanking God for reducing the cleaning work.

I put Amy on the coach and cover her with my coat to keep her warm.

15 minutes later i was done exploring the house, and i was very much thankful to my late Aunty Reha to give this house to us.

It was a less then a year ago when i received a letter with my name on it and it was from Reha Williams.

Back then i didn't know who this lady was, as i read the letter it mention that Reha Williams was my Aunty and letter was posted by her lawyer on her behalf.

My mother never mentioned having a sister, maybe because my mother was not in contact with her family. My mom was Indian and my dad American, they both met when dad visited India for some work and they both felt in love.

My mother's side family was not supportive of this relationship, so they both elope and flew to America.

Everthing was great.... We were happy family until the day i lost three important people of my life, my rock, my support system. that day everthing crashed down.

I lost my mother, father and my elder sister Leah, leaving behind a little angle Amelia with us..

I had turned 18 after 1 week of their death, making me guardian of my sister Ella who was 14 years old and baby Amy who was only 1 year at that time.

I didn't even had time to cry on my faith, my father's family didn't took our responsibility, leaving us alone.

So i forgot all my dreams of leaving for college and becoming a doctor instead I started taking care of my sister and niece.

Initially we had little money from insurance with us and i worked a lot odd job, mainly working night shifts because in day i use to look after Amy when Ella attended school.

This was going on for 2 years until there was time we barely made to feed ourself.

I worked 3 shifts a day just to meet the end. I was working in a Cafe for a year.

2 weeks ago i lost my job because of sudden death of the owner, i applied in others places but it didn't work, the rent was due we barely had anything left.

That's when i remembered about the letter, i contacted the lawyer and talk to him.

At frist i decided to just sell the property but then in the will it was mentioned that i cannot sell it. So instead of being homeless we decided to move here.

Thankfully with the help of uncle max (Aunty Reha's lawyer) we manage to movie here, he mad all the arrangements before we come.

He also told me that Aunty Reha use to run a cafe with her husband which also belongs to us now. He was friends with both Aunt Reha and her husband.

So with some baking skill i learned from my pervious job i decided to reopen and start it again to make some money for leaving.

" Laila dear i had unloaded all the stuff from truck, just check that all the connections are working properly" i looked at old man smiling at him,.

"Thank you so much Uncle Max... Without you this was not possible" i told him, his grey eyes stare at me, he always has this warm welcoming aura around him.

"oo my child.., its nothing i bet if Reha and Michael was alive today they would have done the same" he said i nodded at him.

My eyes fell on close door, i went to it and saw it was locked. " what's this uncle Max? " i asked he turned to me and furrows his eyebrows before zeroing his eyes on the locked door.

" This door opens to the back of the house towards the woods" he said he walked to the side table and opening tge drawer he removed some bunch of keys.

"Here, you can open it" he said giving me the keys.

I opened the door and was mesmerized by the side in front of me.

"Its better you keep the back door always close specially at night . ".. I looked outside the door and i can only see wide spread forest so thick that it looks black instead of green.

" why?!" i asked him, " well the forest is full of wild creatures, you don't want them to attack, and the house is petty far from other houses, so its a bit scary at night" i nodded my head.

He was right but this was the only option left. This is what we have now.

"Dear God, please keep us safe" i said softly.

I closed the door and locked it, starring that the key in my hand i left a sigh.

"Di..!? Do you think we made a mistake coming hear?" Ella asked me softly.

I gave her a small smile " we didn't had a option Ella.... Something is better then nothing" i said, she nodded her head and went back to bring the boxes to other rooms..

"uncle max can i ask you something"? I said " go head dear" he said wiping his glasses.

" how did, they died?.. You know who i am talking about?" i asked him.

He left a sigh, putting his glasses back on his nose his grey eyes stare at me for few seconds.

" Michael died 5 years back, due to attack by wolf's " he said and sucked in a sharp breath.

" after that Reha lived here alone, she died due to some illness" he said i node at him.

"Thank you for sharing this with me" i said he smiled back.

"Ok i should leave now child be safe?" i smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you Uncle max, for your help" he patted my cheek and left.

I looked around our new home now.
Time to unpack..........

*******************************

Hi guyz
Hope you like the story

Thank you....