PREFACE

Dear Nev and Kamie,

My name' Alyssa, but all of my life I've gone by AJ. I'm 26 years old, and I'm a dietitian nutritionist living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I've always been pretty big on social media from my college sorority days, but I've been on Instagram the longest and built it up to almost 16 thousand followers now. Every time I post a photo I get tons of likes and comments, some of them negative, so most of the time I don't respond or even go as far as turning the comments off completely. About two years ago I noticed a cute guy, with the verified symbol, by the name of Christian Yelich commenting, he's a 28 years old professional baseball player for the Milwaukee Brewers. I gave him my handles and we started texting, we clicked right away. We text, we talk on the phone occasionally, and we talk almost everyday, like basically 24/7. He's always busy with baseball and it's always his excuse to never have time to video chat, always saying his wifi connection is bad in the hotel he's staying at or his phone battery is low, sometimes he even tries to tell me he's at practice when I know he probably isn't. I trust Christian, and I want to go back to school to further my education and eventually move to be with him and I need to know if my relationship is worth continuing or if I should completely move on from my Instagram crush.

With love, AJ