012

Dahyun glared at Jeongyeon in annoyance as the doctor continued to dress her wound. They were back in the comfort and safety of the palace. Prince Yesung came by paying a visit earlier, expressing his dismay at the horse riding unfortunate mishap. Her grandmother, the Queen Mother, visited as well, worried about the prince's condition having to fall off a runaway horse, insisted that he should be hospitalised for observation overnight.

Dahyun did her best to reassure the elders that she was absolutely fine, but relented for a treatment by the royal physician.

"Your Highness, are you sure you do not want me to check the cuts on your back?" The elderly doctor asked for the third time, raising his eyebrows in a concerned look. Dahyun has rejected a full-body check-up on the insistence that she was fine.

"It's ok! Jeongyeon will h-help me!"

Jeongyeon took the hint right away.

"Yeah. Dr Kang, I will cleanse the wound for His Highness. Please check on Her Highness. His Highness is more worried about her." Jeongyeon said, much to both Dahyun's relief and annoyance for adding the last bit.

The elderly royal physician gave a small sigh.

"Alright, Your Highness, please refrain from lifting heavy objects or perform strenuous tasks with your right hand in the next few days. It is a blessing that the tendons are not torn or injured badly."

"Dr Kang, will it affect my hand movement on long term?" Dahyun asked the royal physician, concerned if the cut would have lasting effect on her hand, especially since she was a piano player who required the dexterity of both her hands.

"It should not be a problem, however if pain still persists, please let me know it straightaway," said the doctor as he rose up from the chair.

"This way please, Dr Kang." Jeongyeon turned serious as she escorted the doctor out of the prince's quarter. However, in the very next moment when she returned, she started laughing.

"This is seriously the funniest excuse I have ever heard!"

"Can't you show more concern? I fell off a horse and got freaking three stitches on my hand and-"

"That is your excuse? You kissed her just to distract her because she was trying to remove your shirt?! Can you be more creative?"

"That's the truth! God, you should have seen how ferociously she was! I swore my shirt was about to be torn off-"

"Yeah I've seen it. We've all seen it!" Jeongyeon chuckled, "You should have seen how shocked everyone was. They thought you two were, well, doing something"

Dahyun buried her head deep into her hands. She remembered the scene clearly as it replayed in her mind.

Dahyun could feel Sana tensed up as she kissed her. This kiss definitely lasted longer than expected.

Dahyun swore she felt Sana deepening the kiss but they broke off almost shortly after. Much to their surprise, there were several pairs of eyes staring at them with an incredulous look written all over their expressions.

Before Dahyun knew anything, Sana slapped her hard.

"How dare you!"

After slapping Dahyun, Sana pushed the helpless prince to the ground and promptly stood up, although she did staggered slightly before storming off in embarrassment.

Now I'm getting all confused, did she like the kiss or not?

_____

Sana started jabbing the poor pokemon toy ferociously, imagining the soft toy as the prince. The helpless soft toy stared back at her with an innocent smile, almost as if it was asking her if she enjoyed the kiss. Sana gave up and lay back down on the bed, thinking about the kiss.