The Kid.

"His name is Peter Parker. His parents and aunt and uncle were all killed. Please take care of him." Tony Stark nodded. If only the woman knew. Peter was already the closest thing to a son that Tony ever had. Then again, Tony was already a major fatherly figure in Peter's life. Sometimes Peter called him... "Dad?" The woman smiled. "He catches on quickly. He's a brilliant kid. Very experienced in your line of work, to be frank. I'm sure that you two will get along nicely." Tony nodded. "Who's the lucky women? Pepper?" "Actually I'm trusting the job to my best friend, Steve Rogers," Peter called him Pops, sometimes. It was all perfect. 

AVENGERS TOWER

"Woah. This is my room?" 

"Yeah. Hope it's ok."

"Are you joking? It's brilliant! Thank you, Mr. Stark!"

"Anytime kid. Do you want me to send Steve in?"

"OK..."

Peter plopped down onto his bed with a sigh. All of a sudden the door creaked open. "Pete?" "Hi, Mr. Rogers!" He exclaimed. "Call me Pops. And call Tony Dad." "But he didn't say..." "I know," Cap responded, winking at the teen. Peter laughed. "Thanks, Pops." "Goodnight Peter." "Goodnight Pops."

IN TONY'S ROOM

"Look Cap. I need you to help me raise him. You can't leave." Steve turned around. "I hear you, Tony, I really do. But I can't just stay with you and the kid. I wish I could. He's my world." You're my world "Steve..." "No. Peter can't cause anything between us." So Captain America left, knowing that Tony Stark would never love him. 

Tony watched Cap go with a heavy heart. If only he knew. "Cap... I love you."

THE NEXT MORNING - STEVE'S ART STUDIO

"JARVIS. Give me the footage from mister Stark's room last night." Assuming it had to do with the fight JARVIS complied.  "Cap... I love you." Tony was curled up on his floor tears streaming down his cheeks. "I love you so fucking much Cap! SO FUCKING MUCH!"

I need to find him! Cap thought desperately. "JARVIS> Where is Tony?"  "He is in the lab, sir."   "Thank you."

IN THE LAB

Steve raced in and pressed Tony against the wall, staring into his warm blue eyes. "I love you too." He leaned in and gently kissed him, hoping that the moment would never end.