iii. SINGULARITY THEORY

BTS Tear Singularity Theory
Firstly,The mask is the symbolism for Singularity because it is something to hide your sadness. "I suddenly run to the lake. There's my face in it" these are lyrics from the song and this is a reference to Narcissus who threw himself to the lake and drowned because he loved himself too much. In Sir John Everett Millais's Ophelia this is also a reference for drowning and to the lyrics. The name Ophelia is a character from William Shakespeare's play Hamlet. Ophelia in the painting is singing before she is drowning in the river of Denmark. These two references in Singularity are somewhat like V who jumped off the platform in Prologue.
<Explanation for The Magic Shop>
◎The Magic Shop is a shop to help you with all your problems◎
"The Magical Time is coming. Come to the Magic Shop and take off your mask and open your eyes."
The mask/sadness should be taken off and we should open our eyes and to look forward to being a new person who isnt sad and that can move on with all the pain and suffering.
Outro:Her Lyrics
"I can't ever take off this mask. Because I am not the guy you know under this mask"
This line is from Suga's part and the meaning of this is that the guy cannot take off the mask because he is far different than the normal person that he is.
I Need U lyrics
"You can't do this to me all of the things you said are like a mask it hides the truth and rips me apart it pierces me, I'm going crazy,I hate this take it all away I hate you"
This line is from Jhope's lyrics and the meaning of this is that the guy is breaking apart from all the lies or the masks that hides the truth. The guy cannot bear it anymore and realizes it is fake love and that he decided to love himself.
V has many masks but one face. Those masks mean that he is trying to fake his gain for love.
※Tear 'Singularity' is about pain and suffering that you cant be loved by others and that you can only love yourself or either finding out the truth that the person you loved the most faked its love for you※