10- Flashback

Flashback Chapter

"Hav I can't see." Nicki whined as Havoc's hands rested on her waist leading her through his house.

She stopped in her tracks and pouted. Havoc pushed her forward and she started walking again. "That's the whole point. Now hush." Havoc chuckled and put his hand over her mouth.

"I can't breathe nigga." He ignored her and left her standing confused as he opened the back door. "You ready?" She nodded quickly. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck. "Happy birthday baby." She removed the blindfold slowly and gasped at the sight of all the gift bags.

"They're all for me?" Havoc nodded and watched on proudly as she happily unwrapped the gifts. "I love this. What's this one?" Nicki asked pointing at the large box filled with holes on the floor. "Open it."

She raised her eyebrows and untied the ribbon on the box before removing the lid. "Omg. Hey baby." She gushed seeing the small puppy asleep. "I can't believe you actually got me one."

"You said you wanted it."

"Thank you." She wrapped her arms around his torso and looked up at him. "Babe I'm ready." Nicki told him. He shook his head and pecked her lips. "Nah you're not."

"I am."

"I don't want you to rush into this if you're not 100% sure." She stood on her toes and held his face. "Havoc I'm ready and I want my first time to be here, with you."

Two Years Later •

Havoc was scrolling through his phone when he saw the door opening from the corner of his eyes. He looked up at Nicki's mother Kim.

"Morning Miss B." She gave him a simple head nod and looked over at Nicki who was sleeping beside him. "Wake her up. She's got school in an hour." She told him. "I got you." He said as she left.

He turned to Nicki and popped her exposed thigh. "Hey! Get up." Nicki's eyes flew open and she frowned. "Owe Havoc!" She frowned. "Wake up. You got school." He said. "I don't wanna go."

"I don't care. Go and be smart, you know I don't fuck with dumb people." Havoc said seriously. "Alright gimmie 5 more minutes." She rolled over. Seconds later the room was filled with the sound of her snoring as she drifted back into deep sleep.

"NIC!" He yelled. "I'm up!" She sat up angrily and leaned against the headboard with her arms crossed. "I just wanna be done with school."

"Your almost there. You only got a year left." Havoc reminded her. "I don't think I can do it." Nicki whined. "You can. You're just lazy." She raised her eyebrows at him. "I'm lazy?" She asked as she climbed on top of him. "Stop playing, your moms downstairs."

"I don't care."

"I do." He flipped them over. "You're finishing school Nic." He told her. "Like you did?" Nicki challenged with an attitude. "I'm not talking about me, Im talking about you."

She rolled her eyes and looked away from him. "Get off me Hav." She pushed him off her and made her way to the bathroom with Havoc following behind her.

Nicki walked into the bathroom and spun around, blocking Havoc from entering. "I don't want you in here." She said. He chuckled and pushed her out of the way. "You're so irritating." Nicki mumbled as she watched him brush his teeth.

"Stop acting like a baby and come here."

"What the fuck?!" Nicki yelled at her teacher who had just broke the bad news to her.

"Calm down." Mrs Smith said. "No fuck that! I missed a few classes now I gotta re-do the whole year?! That's some bullshit right there!" Nicki shouted angrily.

Mrs Smith widened her eyes in shock. "Watch your language Nicki." She warned.

"Shut the fuck up! You know what..." Nicki paused and laughed angrily before continuing with what she had to say. "Fuck you and fuck this stupid school. I'm done." She threw her hands up and stormed out of the classroom with Mrs Smith calling after her.

Later that day Nicki was sat on the steps leading up to Milan's house as they smiled and spoke about random stuff. She smiled when she saw Havoc heading over to them.

"Hey baby-" He marched up the stairs and snatched her up causing her to stumble forward and fall into his arms. "What the fuck Hav?!" She yelled as he grabbed her arm and threw her up against the wall. "Are you stupid?!" He asked. "ARE YOU?!"

"You think this is a joke. This is your fucking life we're talking about Nicki! Why'd you do it?" "Do what?" Nicki asked genuinely confused about what Havoc was talking about. "Your mama told me you dropped out of school."

"That wasn't her business to tell." Nicki mumbled. "You didn't think I'd find out?"

"No I was gonna tell you." Nicki lied, she planned on keeping the news of her dropping out of school away from Havoc for as long as possible. "They was trying to make me retake the entire year." Nicki explained. "I told you to stop cutting school." Havoc mumbled, remembering the warning Nicki was given about her attendance a couple months before.

She wrapped her arms around him and looked up pouting, knowing he couldn't resist. "I'm sorry okay. Forgive me?"

"Well it's not too late to-" Havoc started to say but Nicki cut him off. "I'm not going back."

"So what are you gonna do with your life? Because I'm not about to have you out here doing nothing, getting high on the streets."

She shrugged. "I don't know I just know school isn't it." Havoc sighed loudly and ran his hand over his face. Nicki smiled and grabbed his hand making him look down at her. "What?"

"It's cute that you care."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please excuse any errors ✨🌹
Remember this is a flashback chapter.