34

Nicki:

I had been walking around Jt's block for about an hour looking for her. I was about to give up and go back to my moms when I spotted her.

"Jt!" She looked over at me and kept walking. "Jt! I just want to talk to you." Still she ignored me. "Please I really need a friend right now." I begged. She finally stopped in her tracks and turned to me. "Talk." She said dryly

"Dre's home." I told her, apart from my mom I felt like she was the only person I could talk to about this.

"I heard. Is he gonna raise Dior?" I shrugged, I didn't know what his plans were. "We didn't talk about that. I'm meeting with him later to discuss what we're going to do."

"Look Nicki. That little girl is innocent in all of this, she doesn't deserve to be treated like shit so you better not hurt her or I'll fuck you up." She warned. "On my mama." She added and I knew then she was dead serious about fighting me over Dior.

"So you want me to pack up her things, take her away from all she's ever known and move her to Miami with me?" I asked, at this point I really did not know what my next steps would be.

"I'm not saying that. Just think about her for once. She might be smart as fuck for her age and be a little spoiled but she's still just a baby."

You can do this. I coached myself as I laid 4 hard knocks on the door and waited. It didn't take long for the rustling sounds to start and the door was slowly pulled open.

"I thought you weren't coming." Dre grinned, sweat glistening on his bare chest and a white towel hung over his shoulder. He must have just finished working out. "I said I would." I replied. "Can't you put a shirt on or something?" He laughed lowly "No, I can't." And continued leading the way.

As we walked through the quiet house, I looked around and didn't see anyone else. "Where's your mom?" I didn't want to be here alone with him.

"I want to be a father to my daughter." He stated suddenly. "That's fine." This had nothing to do with me. He was free to see her whenever he liked. I didn't have any say in who was allowed or not allowed to be involved in Diors life. That decision was all on Kenya and Havoc.

"I also want her to have a relationship with you." He added. I frowned. "Why?"

"Because you're her mom." I instantly rolled my eyes. I was tired of being referred to as Dior's mom, I didn't know her and she didn't know me. Why was everyone trying so hard to force this on me. I made it clear from the start what my intentions were.

"What's your problem?" Dre asked. "When she was born you went around crying about how I mistreated you and not wanting anything to do with me but I'm sat here telling you I'm not the same person, yet you still don't want to take responsibility for Dior."

"So what's the real problem here?"

"I'm scared." I admitted quietly. He squinted, confused. "Of what?"

"Messing up. I don't know how to be a mother or care about anyone other than myself. If I kept her then she woulda been fucked up. Just like me." I explained hoping someone would finally understand me.

Dre sighed "You're not fucked up."

"Yes I am. As soon as Havoc got locked up I jumped straight in your bed. Then we stopped fucking with each other and I moved on to Khyree."

"All because I was scared to be alone and when I found out I was having a girl I was terrified. I kept thinking she would end up just like me. No education, dealing and fucking for money." I had never expressed to anyone how I truly felt, they all thought I hated Dior but that wasn't true. I loved her which is why I stayed away, I didn't want to risk messing her up.

"Everybody makes mistakes Nicki. We both know I have. But I learned from it and changed."

"Say you want her." He stepped closer to me. Again I found myself alone with him as he backed me up into the corner. "Say it Nic."
He placed his finger under my chin and gently lifted my head as he leaned forward. I didn't stop him. Why didn't I stop him?

"Say you want my baby." He whispered against ear and just like that I was sucked back in.

You're so stupid. I cursed myself as I climbed into my dress and pulled it up over my exposed body.

"You don't have to go." I heard Dre say lowly. I looked over at him still in his bed watching as I got dressed.

"Yes I do." I walked over to the bedside table and reached for my chain which he'd accidentally popped during the heat of what had just happened. I flinched when I felt his cold hand wrap around my wrist.

"Let go of me Dre." I said calmly and he did. He stood up towering over my small frame and grabbed my face. "Stay"

I shook my head and ran my fingers through my messy hair. "This is crazy." I mumbled and spun on my heels towards the door.

"Why is it crazy?" Dre asked. There was so many reasons why this was wrong. He held my arm and spun me around. "Huh why is it crazy?" I looked away ashamed until he grabbed my face again forcing me to look at him. "Why?"

Before I had a chance to respond he forcefully kissed me, pinning me up against the door. "Stop,stop,stop!" I repeated in a panic when I felt his hand snake it's way up my thigh. "I'm not doing this with you." I pushed him off.

"Why not? We're grown. I'm single, you're single, we got a daughter together."

I frowned "Why not? Are you stupid? Have you forgotten everything else that's happened? You're insane Dre.

"This" I pointed at the space between us "is nothing and will never be nothing. You're nothing to me Dre. I just needed some attention and you happened to be here." I spat coldly before opening the door and leaving. As I made my way to the staircase I heard Dre angrily punch the wall in his room.

IM BACK!! How ya'll doing?