Chapter 2 - Olivia

A knock on the door woke Olivia. She squinted around the bright room. Warm sunshine filtered in through the sheer curtains since she had forgotten to pull across the heavy ones last night. It took her a second to realize she wasn't in her bed at home when another knock sounded.

"Room service," came a woman's voice from the other side.

Confusion tugged on her mind before last night's events flashed before her eyes. She clapped a hand over her mouth before looking around the room for something to cover herself with.

"Coming!" she called.

Springing up from the bed, she nearly crashed down to the floor when her knees gave out.

Holy moly! Her body ached all over—especially between her legs where there was a thick coating of crusty residue from a night of lovemaking. Were those bruises on her arms and legs?

Hastily, she pulled on her rumpled sundress from the floor and answered the door.

A covered tray of food on a cart was handed over by a middle-aged woman who avoided eye-contact and hurried down the hall without another word.

Alone again, Olivia brushed her fingers through her tangled mop of dark red curls as she looked around the room. It was a standard room with a plush queen-sized bed, TV on top of a dresser, a small desk and chair, a narrow little closet, and a standard four-piece bathroom.

Aside from the ache that gripped her body, the bruises, and the crusty residue between her legs, there was no sign of anyone else having been there.

Last night couldn't have been a dream.

But then, where was Cameron?

Setting her breakfast down on the little table in the corner of the room by the window, she found a notepad with a scribbled message across it.

Sorry you have to wake up alone but an emergency called me away. See you later.
Hope you like sunny-side up, Sunshine.
~ Cam

A phone number was scratched on at the bottom and she wondered what kind of business he was in that had him dashing out before nine o'clock on a Sunday.

She frowned. Didn't he say he was in security? What emergency could he have?

Digging her phone out of her purse, she scowled at the black screen that flashed a dead battery symbol. She'd have to charge it in her car later as she didn't bring her cable with her. She hadn't planned on spending her entire day in Aspen Beach so she didn't pack her charger or a change of clothes with her.

Cameron.

She blushed at the thought of him.

He was far too attractive for his own good. He had dark brown hair buzzed short on the sides and longer on top with a slightly tousled look as the tips curled out, warm cognac eyes that were coppery-brown in the middle and surrounded by golden honey, high cheekbones, a prominent nose, and a five o'clock shadow that added definition to his strong jawline.

And his body... He had to work out every day for that washboard stomach and muscled arms.

Too smooth were his movements. His touch sparked like lightning and made her heart thunder within. His eyes drew her in like a magnet, making it difficult to pull away when she had enough sense to do so.

It was all too good to be true and too good to last.

While it sucked that he had to run out so suddenly, at least he was thoughtful enough to order her breakfast.