Visuals can be Deceptive

Money is something that is undeniably the most important thing of our daily lives, everything you need in the physical world can be bought with it. we all know what is money but what if i tell you that the money you have is not valid and the what is valid is available in the banks and ATM, yes we are talking about the demonetization. One of biggest and strongest decisions in India's history after independence.

It was a success or a failure that we can decide in the end but lets see the real facts and figures.

Demonetization was regarded as one of the best decisions in Indian history, the purpose was to eliminate Fake money, reduce black money, reduce the terrorism in Kashmir and reduce the naxalite funds. later the agenda of Digitization was added. 

Lets start with what good came out of it.

Digitization reached it all time high. People started using Online applications for funds transfer which promoted governments Digital India. 

Now something that was NOT on any TV news.

During Demonetization 100 people lost their lives and this is just the official number. (according to Forbes) . 1.5 million jobs were lost during this period and hundreds of startups crashed.

Did you know that? Did our esteemed Prime Minister tell us that or for that matter any News channel, they all say that they are with truth and against every wrong thing but money does buy honesty.

Well our PM said that things would be good in 50 days that is till 30th December 2016 but the effects lasted till September 2017 (the gaurdian , forbes and business insider)..

Facts time:

8th November 2016 Mr Modi speech comprised of black money 78% of the part  Fake notes 22% and there was NO mention of Cashless(the word) or digital or digitization or Online fund transfer.  18 days later in his speech things changed, black money was 23% of the part and rest 77% was DIGITIZATION AND CASHLESS. Fake notes was not even mentioned once. (source IndiaSped and CNN). The change in the narrative is clear and suspicious.

August 2018 99.6% of banned notes were back in economy  (source RBI) and the government said demonetization worked out well. 

0.007% of thousand rupee notes and 0.001% of five hundred rupee notes were actually fake(source RBI). 

The demonetization scheme made India poorer by 2.25 lakh crore rupees (2250000000000 rupees) and GDP slipped by 1.5% in 2017. (immediately)

11 lakh tax payers were increased, well all of them register with an income of 2.25 lakhs. This is the basic amount required to get into paying taxes (basically government got nothing and we got fooled).

Raghuram Rajan had warned about the outcomes of demonetization but still the government decided to stick to the idea.

According to World Bank and business Insider  Demonetization was one of the worst decisions taken to stabilize an economy.

Now did you know that?

What government told us was nothing even close to the real facts. Is this right or wrong?

A/N

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS DEMONETIZATION RIGHT OR WRONG? IS HIDING THE REALITY RIGHT OR WRONG? IS OUR PAID MEDIA RIGHT OR WRONG FOR HIDING FACTS?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION.