Chapter Four

WARNING - There's a bit of violence in this chapter that goes into a little bit more detail than last time.
_____________________________________________

     Well. It had been quite an interesting day already.  After watching the girl teach archery for a while Alenna stood and went to go see one of the only Apollo kids she actually liked: a girl named Morgan.

     Morgan was a special kind of person, the kind of person who's so great you wish you could find something to hate about them but you can't. Not really.

     She found who she was looking for sitting on the steps of the Apollo cabin, two large bundles of fur resting on either side of her. Alenna recognized those shapes as Morgan's wolves, Talo and Finn. The only differences between them were their fur, and their attitudes. Compared to Talo, Finn was a playful little puppy, while Talo was more of a….mean German Shepard.

     Morgan stood quickly when she spotted Alenna, her face splitting into a grin “Alenna!” Her exclamation of surprise and happiness made Alenna's steps falter. Seconds later she was nearly knocked over by the force of Morgan's body weight. She was surprised by how much the impact rocked her, considering Morgan was pretty tiny.

    ”Hey girly.” Alenna greets, giving her a light squeeze around the middle “Miss me?” She grins slightly as Morgan holds her at arm's length, having to crane her neck a bit to see her.

    Morgan nods rapidly, and Alenna was touched by her enthusiasm. “Obviously! You've been gone a whole week! Where’ve you been?” Her voice took on a slightly angry tone on the last words, making Alenna chuckle softly. As annoying as Morgan could be, she was pretty awesome.

    “Out. Living life. The usual.” She grins mischievously “How about you. Any juicy secrets you wanna spill?” Alenna wiggles her eyebrows suggestively which earned a big laugh from Morgan.

    “No, you idiot.” She says, swatting her arm “It's been pretty boring around here, besides the new campers.” She began tugging the daughter of Hades towards the Apollo cabin “and we did a little bit of redecorating to make room for everyone. But other than that, same old same old.”

    They stepped inside the brightly coloured cabin. It had bed after bed of campers. Two bathrooms. Art all over the walls, paintings, drawings, handprints, sketches, designs, everything. It was like a bunch of beautiful graffiti. There were a few kids darting around from here and there. Older one's painting, or listening to music and reading. A few arguing over things like sports teams and looks and poetry and various other things. Alenna gave a sad smile. Being here always reminded her of Apollo's many, many lovers. And she hated it. But she sucked it up for Morgan.

    “Ok. Now seriously Alenna, tell me what's-” she paused at the sounds outside of the cabin.

    Then there she was, she was here. The brown eyed girl had stumbled into the Apollo cabin looking like she'd just got jumped. Her mouth was bleeding, she was sweating and hunched over slightly like her stomach hurt. Maybe it did.

    “Bee?” Asked Morgan, her voice soft and tinted with worry and confusion. Ah. So that was the girl’s name. Bee.

    The girl raised her head to look at them, and her already flushed cheeks turned bright red. “Um….hi.” A pause, and then she said “I'm going to go take a shower.” Just like that. She straightened up, walking towards the bathroom’s shower. In the Apollo cabin. Because she was an Apollo kid.

    Gods, obviously. How had she missed that? Hadn't Nico mentioned it? It was so weird, she looked nothing like her blonde boyfriend or any of the other children of Apollo. And why did her mind immediately go to that instead of wondering what'd happened to the girl? Her thoughts had distracted her momentarily from Morgan's talking.