Chapter Eight

Hey there, guys. I know I haven't been updating for a long time. I apologize. I've been busy and quite sadly, a little lazy to be posting and keep up lately. I'm going to try to get back to it. Here's another chapter to this story.

Enjoy!
                                          _________________________________________
Fifteen minutes pass and Bee was still striking the target with her angry arrows, getting one bullseye after the other. Her mindset wanting to block out what she said to the Daughter of Hades. She still couldn't believe she said that, why did she let her emotions get the best of her. Screw the daughter of Hades, screw her feelings.

She takes an angry breath, realizing her anger was towards her father more than anything as she grabs another arrow from her quiver, her last arrow and aims. Her eyes on the target with so much annoyance on her face that this one actually misses the middle by a few inches. Her bow goes limp to her side, stunned on the miss. How in Hades did she miss?

Alenna had been watching Bee from where she stood, her own emotions still high. Bee made every shot, every arrow hitting the bullseye....until one didn't. Her failure made Alenna snort, a little louder than necessary.

Bee turns her head finally and glares at Alenna in annoyance. "What's so funny?" she says a little meaner than she meant to.

"You. Obviously. " Alenna says, as if Bee was missing a few brain cells.

She rolls her eyes, feeling the build up of losing her temper getting to her. She didn't enjoy being laughed at, "You think you can do better?"

"Me? Oh gods no. " she snorts again, laughing at herself this time "I can barely hit the target in case you haven't noticed. Missing is a normal thing for me. But I'm guessing it's not for you. Which is why I find it funny."

Bee watches her, not sure how to react to that comment as her heart swelled. Hearing Alenna's laugh was so cute that she couldn't stay mad. Slowly she relaxed, watching the girl she couldn't help but crush on with a nicer expression as she takes a breath, sighing and moves to the side. "Lets see if I can help you with that dilemma then." She points to the target, "Shoot."

Alenna frowns in confusion, looking at Bee strangely. She had assumed they were still upset at each other, but Bee's sudden change said otherwise. She kept staring for a moment, and then she looked away and took a few deep breaths. In. Out. In. Out. taking aim and let the arrow fly, watching as it landed at the edge of the target "Annnnd there goes my good progress streak."

Bee had watched her movements as Alenna got ready to shoot, taking notes to see what she was doing wrong. Then she laughs a bit from her words. "It wasn't that bad, Alenna. At least you got it on the target. You're just holding the bow in a odd way." she takes her own bow and grabs an arrow from one of the extra quivers nearby.

Alenna frowns, looking at the bow in her hands "But this is how Will told me to do it." Had Will been wrong? No, he almost always hit the target when he shot.

Bee smiles softly, "I know, but there's something a little off." So she shows Alenna how to hold it as she aims her own arrow down the target, "Your shooting arm needs to be up a little more, it's too low."

Alenna nods slowly and tries to copy Bee, raising her arm more like she'd been told. "Like this?"

She scans her for a second, nodding. "Perfect." Then Bee lowers her bow, stepping closer and taps both of Alenna's legs with her hand, her stomach turning into butterflies. "Um. Widen your stance slightly."

Alenna bites her lip to Bee's touch and glances down at her, opening her legs a bit more. "I-is this good?" Why did she stutter? Why was she blushing?