Chapter Seven

Let's just say that after that talk with Alenna, things weren't too bad between the two girls after a few weeks of Alenna staying around camp. They seemed to have gotten used to each other enough to be friendly, bond with each other better than Bee could have imagined after that surprise of finding out she's dating her dad. So close in fact that people started to notice them hanging out a bit more on occasion by themselves. But for the most part it was with their brothers and Morgan, so it wasn't too bad.

     Bee was a little iffy about all the attention they were getting though, she hated being stared at whenever she walked side by side with the daughter of Hades. But Alenna always did her best to reassure her that everything was okay. Then she started to get this vibe she felt from this girl, and had no idea what to make of it. She didn't know if it was just her, but she was starting to fall hard for Alenna and she couldn't help it. The way her heart sped up while around her, if they touched her heart would leap out of her chest. Her face was almost always red from blushing, stuttering like an idiot because of nerves. It was different, something she hadn't quite felt before.

     The problem of course was finding out that her father...Apollo, was actually in a romantic relationship with Alenna. Which definitely brought things to a halt on making any type of connection with her beyond friends. Bee knew she couldn't go after this amazing girl because that was messed up, not to mention kind of nasty. Her dad is dating her, she couldn't just….yeah, no, she couldn't even think about it.

     So today Bee is hustling around on a nice afternoon day, doing her chores, sun high in the sky. She had stables duty with Will, cleaned the cabin for inspection with Morgan and some training throughout the day. Once done with all that she went off to  lunch, know that she has combat training with the Ares kids right after.

      As soon as she walked into the training area she knew it was going to be a total disaster, because she got paired with Hannah. Her face has a scar going down it where Alenna clawed at her eyes. To Bee that's satisfying to see, knowing it's permanently there, but Hannah was so not having it.

     Hannah wasted no time on Bee, giving her hard core with sword sparing. She jabbed and swung at Bee so hard, determined to hurt her that she ends up with a few cuts and bruises to her body. As bad and hard as it is keeping herself from getting killed, it could have been worse. So much worse if some of the cabin leaders who are there to watch hadn’t been.

     Blood smears Bee’s clothes when they're done, annoyed on how brutal Hannah was with her. It’s rare when Bee looks like she wants to kill someone, rare enough that people around camp were taking a look at her and have to step out of her walking path. This kid literally looks like she would punch someone in the face if they said a word to her.

     By the time she walks into the cabin she is so annoyed and pissed that she stormed towards the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. She hadn't even bothered to see who or if anyone was in the cabin besides her before going to the bathroom, she just needed the space. Even sweet Morgan may have gotten an earful if she talked to her this time.

     Once Bee is all cleaned up and calmed down a bit, she walks out again and tosses herself onto her bed, groaning loudly into her pillow, ‘Could today get any worse?’ she thinks to herself, not lifting her face from the pillow.

     She stays like this for a while, annoyed with the entire day. She doesn’t even want to go to her next chore in an hour, having to teach some twelve year old kid from the Hermes cabin about Greek Mythology. She was assigned to him last week when he came in brand new, but he never pays attention, he doesn’t care, so what was the point.

     But eventually she decides she needs to stop moping around, turning her body around till she's laying on her back. In between the turn she winces from the cuts and bruises from the sword hurting her, but she ignores them the best she can as she grabs some ambrosia from her nightstand and then for a few long minutes she’s just staring up at the ceiling, trying not to fall asleep.