Ch. 3: In Which Gaster Throws Some Monsters

*Author chuckles*

A long string of curses was running through your head.

The atmosphere of the room changed from chaotic to still as the grave.

The three girls' faces were ashen as they stared up at the Doctor, who still had that disconcerting grin on his face.

Shit.

Gaster suddenly looked up at his assistant.

"Dr. Melf, didn't I explicitly tell you to not let anyone into my office?"

He opened his mouth to respond, but Gaster held up a hand, his voice carrying a dangerous edge.

"And, on that note, why are you so incompetent that you can't get a bunch of children to calm down?"

Dr. Melf looked less incompetent and more like a puddle on the floor at this point.

Turning to face the group he stuttered, "Ahem, ah, yes, p-please find a s-seat..."

Rolling his eyes, Gaster pushed past the babbling monster with clenched fists. He surveyed the crowd, the grin on his face looking very unpleasant.

"I don't want any of you here, but out of my respect for Asgore I'm letting you bunch of cretins in my Lab.

"AND ANOTHER THING," he yelled at some applicants whispering in the back, who straightened up immediatly. "If a SINGLE ONE of you decides it would be funny to see what happens if you set foot out of this room..."

His eyesockets started to glow.

"I just might forget about Asgore's wishes and put ALL OF YOU IN AN EARLY GRAVE!"

Then, smiling as if nothing had ever happened, he looked around the room and motioned to the chairs and benches.

"Now if you'll all please take a-"

A mad scramble ensued as everyone tried to sit.

The three monsters who had started all this had begun to back away, but Gaster stopped them.

"You three, on the other hand..."

With a swish of his hand, they were lifted off the ground and thrown unceremoniously out the door.

°°°

Most of the other's had had their turns. Only you and three other monsters remained.

It had taken all day, and it was now probably about 8:00.

"Follow me please, Miss Y/N." A purple shaded monster stood in front of you, motioning for you to get up.

You stood, your hands clammy.

ImgonnadieI'mgonnadieI'mgonnadie, you were repeating to yourself. This was stupid. Why did you even think this was a good idea?

The monster led you down the hall to the right. It was quiet with most of the others gone.

They had all left either:
A. In tears
B. With bruises and cuts of varying sizes
Or, in one case, C. Unconscious and arm in a sling.

In summary, you didn't feel all that hopeful.

You finally see stopped in front of a set of double doors, with a large sign that read in capital letters:

"NO MONSTER IS TO ENTER THIS BOOM WITHOUT EXPLECET PERMISON FROM Da (this word was crossed out and replaced with) DR. GASTER, THE ROYL SIENTIST"

You couldn't help but grin at the numerous spelling errors. Surely the Royal Scientist didn't write it?

But you didn't get much time to think about it as the door was pushed open and you were hurried inside.

You found yourself in an extremely noisy room, from the loud crashes of machinery to several small bangs. There were only a few monsters in the room though, mostly lolling about until...

"Get UP you bunch of layabouts!!"

Gaster came running through the door behind you, looking frantic.

"DAWSON!" He yelled at a short, pale Monster. "Didn't I tell you to let the pressure of that valve?!"

The monster, clearly not intimidated by Gaster, shrugged. "Yeah, wh-"

A sudden rumble came from the ceiling, and everyone looked up.

Time seemed to slow down for a moment.

Gaster registered your presence, and his expression went from panicked to pissed.

You smiled nervously.

And then everyone in the room was covered in water as the ceiling burst open and a pipe fell.

"That, Dawson, is why." Gaster said through gritted teeth.

The small monster just looked up with a grin. "For science, sir!"

The others, including you, snickered.

Gaster's hands were contorting as if he wished nothing more then to strangle him, and his voice was quavering as he spoke, as if he was trying very hard not to yell.

"That pipe.... Is IRREPLACEABLE.... I made it myself... It took two months.... And you broke it... For a joke?!"

"It was pretty funny..." You muttered under you breath.

Gaster whipped his head around and glared at you. Then an extremely fake smile stretched across his face.

"As for you," he said, "Go get me a coffee. Third floor. Hallway. Can't miss it."

And he turned to go turn off the water.

°°°

SOME FOLKS GOT THEIR BUTTS KICKED.

WOO.

And a some certain tiny skelebeans may have had a moment. (•-^)

Also, the above art is by me! I tried to make Reader-Chan neutral enough. Hope i didn't fail...

Now, please donate cookies and coffee to this poor tired author.
Or votes. Or comments. Those are good too.

Till next chapter!