Crimes

Ember...Ember! I turn and look at the boss yeah? You will accompany me on this mission. Right, I say quietly. The boss sighs what is it? Nothing. Fine. he says. Grab your garden tool of a weapon and come with me. I roll my eyes as Roman gets out a cigar and I follow him and his goons to the dust shop. Ember you talk to the shopkeep. I glare at Roman and I go over to the counter. Fire earth lighting and water dust uncut I tell him. He stares at me and I stare back ....please I don't want anyone to get hurt...okay..he says quietly and starts putting the dust on top of the counter. I cross my arms as he does this and I hear one of the goons talking...I hear a high pitched voice say are you robbing me? YES! oh...I hear a window crash and I turn to the shopkeep get out of here I tell him go! he runs off into the night. I touch my weapon and then I stop...the girl has a scythe almost identical to mine. Hey, kid shes got one like yours! Roman says. I sigh and step out of the shadows. I look at the kid get away from here. NO! she says. I sigh thankful for the mask over my face I turn back to Roman. Well? Cover for me he says. I glare at him as he pulls out his cane and fights the girl I get his back and he gets away the girl looks at me. I point to the roof and I say don't - she runs to the roof and I shake my head. why did you tell her? I shrug.  It doesn't matter anyway shes coming. You all better skat. They nod and run off I head up to the roof in time to see Roman waving to the girl. Hey, wait! the girl says.  I turn to jump off the roof and the girl says you don't have to go back to him- you work with Torchwick? The woman asks. stay with me and I'll take care of you kid. I will not hurt anyone. That's fine. Just defend me. Won't you hurt her? No. And I'll keep her away from her. Can I see her? Not now not for a while. I put my hand out as the girl approaches stay back I say quietly Ruby don't approach her! The woman says - you need to come with me she says. Sorry I can't. I create a vortex of fire around me and I disappear into the air changing into a firebird as I hurry back to the warehouse. I land and go into the warehouse. You came back, girl. Do I surprise you? Cinder only smirks never she says. What's going on? Were moving Roman says a strange look in his eyes ...what about the dust? Were done with it ...apparently, he says. He meets my eyes ...just go and get your stuff together we're going to be out by morning. Ok. I go to my room and collect my things a while later Roman knocks on my door frame. What was the point of that? He shakes his head. I don't know Ember. Then why do you listen to her? He sighs the same reason you listen to me he says. I tilt my head ...Neo? He sighs and sits on the bed. I knew you were clever he says a smile on his face. I go and sit next to him. I won't let her hurt you or your mother he says ...he reaches for me and I stand up. Where is Neo anyway? Shes ...she does her own thing sometimes. She'll find us. I shrug. Okay. Did Cinder leave? Roman nods. Then we should go. He nods and we get onto our bikes. I folloe him to another warehouse. This is our new home he says. Were just staying here. Yeah....he says waching Ember go to the back to find somewhere to sleep...