Finding Simon pt.2

Nalani's POV

I stepped out of the van with Alec's help. I'm still a tiny bit distant but not completely. He goes to grab my hand when he realizes that I'm now standing next to Izzy. Who is next to Clary. Who is next to Blondie. Who is next to Alec.

He looked over at me and I just avoided eye contact. Izzy tapped my shoulder and nodded towards Alec. I shook my head and looked back at the ground. I know that I said that I forgave him but I'm still hurt at the fact that he actually thought I could be a spy for Valentine.

I felt bad because I said that I forgave him and I did but it's hard to just forget that he could actually think that.

"Whose grave is it?" Blondie asked I guess Izzy because she started reading form her phone.

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died, January 10th, 1878." Izzy told Blondie looking down at her phone. I have no idea what she was reading from but I was curious.

"All right Alec. Let's go." Blondie told him.

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary asked.

"Cache of weapons. Stashed here with Mrs.Milligan." Have told us leading us farther away from the van.

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" I asked wondering why a secret hidden world would have weapons stashed in a 'mundane' cemetery.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognized demons. Or at least they used to." Izzy told us. I was actually kinda shocked by this. I thought that ShadowHunters always lived in secret but I guess not.

"They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." I just glared at Alec for what he said until he looked over at me. Then my attention went to Izzy.

"Are you saying we did too good a job? You just can't let up, can you?" Izzy asked him laughing. She looked over at me and I just looked away. I heard a light and deep sigh. I guess they were from both Lightwood siblings.

"You know what? Alec, why don't you go check out by the angel? We couldn't gear up at the Institute, but we know our ancestors left a cache around here someplace.We'll find it." Blondie told us looking around at the tombstones. But I couldn't stop looking at Alec. I know that it's wrong because he apologized but I'm still a lots hurt.

"I always wondered where my dad was buried. I used to wish he was still alive." Clary told us. I just nodded my head agreeing with her. Blondie saw how I was so distracted and walked over to me, "Go talk to him Nalani. Holding this in isn't ok." I walked over to Alec and just hugged him.

"Excellent. He's home. I'm outta here." Izzy said walking away. She couldn't leave.
"Wait, aren't you coming with us?" I asked her. She looked over at me, "Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world, but I gotta find out how to get into the vampires' lair."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Blondie told her. That made me and Izzy laugh.

"Jace over here."Alec waved Blondie over to where we were.

"Yeah, coming." Blondie ran over after saying something to clary.

"Yeah?" Blondie asked him glancing over at me. When Alec started talking I moved away so I could look at both of them.
"We're crossing a line into vamp territory." Alec told him. I could tell I wouldn't like where this was gonna end up.
"That's the point. Come on, Alec, cheer up. It's going to be fun." Blondie told him. Smirking again!!! Does he ever smile?
"Damn it, Jace, just think this through. You don't even like this guy. This isn't about the mundane, this is about Clary. What, are you so desperate to get laid that you'll risk killing us?" Alec asked him. Why was he doing this because it was clear he didn't actually care?