Wish #3

You know that first day of school in the new year?

When everyone is excited to show off their new clothes, new school supplies and tell stories of their fantastic summers? Well I never felt that excitement, not one bit.

My summers so far were spent inside mommies house or in the backyard playing by myself. I never had new toys, I can't remember ever having a brand new toy but the one thing I had...the one thing I remember being important to me was Chuckie, my pet dog.

Me and him were best friends, he'd play with me until we both got tired then we would settle down under the only tree in the backyard and nap during the hottest part of the day. When mommy said it was okay for me to go inside I would go in and eat, our food was nothing special though. 

A glass of water here and a piece of bread with butter on it was what I had every day for lunch during the summer break. Lots of times I could hear other kids laughing and giggling down the road, sometimes the smell of cooking sausages on the barbecue floated into my mommies backyard and I would grow hungry again.

It was summer, I was seven years old and I wished more then anything that I could have a cooked sausage for lunch.