Chapter 11: We Can Do It

"Here, wait a second. I'm gonna go downstairs and grab us drinks. I'll be right back." Yoongi tells me with a soft smile before walking away.

We're at his house at the moment, needing to work on our project that's due soon. We've not come up with anything at all yet considering we hadn't even had the chance to talk about it yet.

As he disappears out of his room where he'd left me, I get up from where I'd been sat on his bed. Wandering around his surprisingly clean room, I can't help but want to get a sense of who he really is. The things he hides that make up large portions of who he is.

Though it's not hard when I find a notebook left on his desk chair, regardless of it being closed. Picking it up, I sit back down on the bed before flipping it open curiously.

Okay. So maybe it's not all just out of pure curiosity. Needing to get a sense of some of the things he hides since he's got me in here might have a decent bit to do with my past and it being natural instinct at this point.

I'm surprised as I slowly flip through the pages. It's similar to the notebook I keep on me at all times. As I read through some of the lyrics on each page, I recognize a few of them.

"What're you doing?" He asks as he walks back into the room. Listening to the voice, I realize it matches the one that sings the lyrics that I'm familiar with. I've listened to underground rappers for a while now, his music being one of my favorites actually.

"I didn't know you wrote and rap." I speak as he takes a seat next to me with a small frown.

"Where'd you find this?" He asks, putting his hand on it to stop me from flipping further. I just decide to read through the lyrics that it's currently stopped on instead.

"On your chair. You're really good, your voice works well with the things you write too. It's impressive." I answer quietly as I continue reading until he takes it from me altogether, causing me to look up at him.

"What're you talking about." He asks though it comes off as more of a statement, something I've come to notice he does when he gets slightly embarrassed about something.

"Don't lie. I recognize some of the lyrics. I've heard some of your songs. You're really good." I tell him softly, tilting my head to the side as I watch him get up and set on his desk.

"We have a project to work on, babe." Yoongi says with a small smile as he comes back to sit beside me on the bed.

"That's what the project can be." I inform him, an idea coming to mind as a smile grows on my lips. He frowns in confusion.

"What're you talking about?" He questions, his confusion showing through in his voice.

"It's a science project. We've been learning physics. One of the topics in high school physics is sound. Waves. That's exactly what your vocals are. If we take you and one of the other boys, we can explain the waves that makes up your voices, explain the harmonies and whatnot." I explain, still smiling. He bites his lip in hesitation.

"I don't know that that's the best idea, Annie. There's plenty of things that we could do instead that doesn't include me rapping." He responds, playing with his ear as he ducks his head.

"Yoongi, have you not seen the amount of good feedback you get on the songs that you upload? The amount of people asking for you to actually do a live performance? You're really good. Besides, this is just something small for a school project. You don't even necessarily have to rap. Just hold some notes and harmonize with one of the others and then have an example of when you've not harmonized with them. It shows how waves interact with each other." I tell him, trying to persuade him to agree. He sighs.