Chapter 15: Will You?

"Annie?" I hear a familiar voice ask as I'm sat at the table working on homework before I have to leave to meet up with the others to watch Yoongi's performance.

Looking up, I find Brian stood there. He gives me a slightly nervous smile, this being the first he's spoken to me since the whole ordeal last Saturday.

"What's up, Brian?" I ask, giving him a kind look. I know he's nervous for my reaction to him being the first of the three of them to be speaking to me since they stopped. And, while I'm still not thrilled with them and none of them have apologized, I'm not an asshole.

"We were wondering if you'd come down and take a listen to the song? We think we've finally gotten it down pretty well with the exception of just needing to practice it to improve it in general." He explains sheepishly. I give him a smile and nod, standing up.

"By the way, I'm really sorry for everything. I was a complete asshole and was completely out of line with my behavior and words. I know you and I know you can handle yourself and others perfectly well on your own. I'm sorry for treating you so poorly this last week." He apologizes as we head down the stairs. A small smile tugs at my lips.

"Don't worry about it, Brian. It's okay." I tell him as we reach the basement.

Taking a seat in my usual spot when I listen to them, they quickly get into position as most of them give me at least a small smile. Jae being the one who doesn't, not even making eye contact with me.

I listen carefully as they go through the song I written for them, something that they still don't know. A small smile appears on my lips as I listen to them, watching them get into the song as they all sing their parts with all of their hearts. They always have treated it like a real performance when showing it to me.

"What'd you think?" Seungjin asks curiously after they've finished it, a hopeful look in his eyes as he awaits my response.

"I think it was really good. I think Jae was a beat and a half behind when he entered and that Brian could've started his part two beats earlier. Though, I think Wonpil and Dowoon need to switch their parts. I think it'll fit vocal wise better. Seungjin, if you can keep the pace a slight bit faster, I'm fairly certain you slowed down on your part." I critique, attempting to help as best I can.

All of them give me a smile and a nod with the exception of Jae who just gives a slight glare at the wall since he's still refusing to look at me. Seungjin looks around at the others with a nod.

"Shall we give it another go then?" He asks before turning back to me. I smile and nod, watching and listening carefully as they start up again.

"I entirely agree. I think that one sounded a lot better than it's been going." Wonpil nods after they finished with the added criticism.

"That sounded much more put together and on beat. It's coming along really well, guys." I tell them with a small smile before standing.

"Thank you as always, Annie." Dowoon says with a smile. I return it and nod before heading back upstairs.

It only takes me another half hour before I've finished my homework. Pulling my laptop out afterwards, I begin working on the project that Yoongi and I have been doing. It's due this coming Wednesday, the day before the talent show, and I'd told him I'd try and get as much of it done myself as possible so that he could focus on rehearsing with the boys.

I grin another forty five minutes later when I've finally managed to finish the project altogether. We'd had Jimin and Jungkook work on the harmonies with him for the clip to help showcase what goes on with the way waves interact, and it's turned out really well. It also helped give Jimin a confidence boost for their performing in the talent show.