Last

Two hours later, Zen stood in front of Jumin's building. He checked the time on his phone. It read 5.16 pm. With a deep sigh, he trudged forward into the building and took the elevator up to the highest floor.

As it opened, he was surprised to find Jumin standing in front of it, waiting. His arms were crossed over his chest and he was in a red sweatshirt and black pants. As soon as the lift dinged, he turned to look at it, his eyes lighting up as he saw Zen. Zen smiled as him as he walked out. "How long have you been waiting? You didn't need to." He said as they walked into Jumin's penthouse together. Jumin smiled as he tightened his grip on Zen's hand and led him into the living room. "Not for long. So what do you want to do?" He asked Zen. The latter seemed to be thinking for a while, then answered Jumin.

"Let's watch a horror movie." He said. Jumin shrugged and nodded. "Sure."

A few minutes later, Zen was snuggled into the crook of Jumin's body on the sofa, with a bowl of popcorn. Jumin scrolled through the available movies, his arm around Zen's shoulder and his cheek leaning against the crown of Zen's head. "You sure you don't want some?" Zen glanced up at Jumin. Jumin shook his head slightly. "My nutritionist told me that popcorn is an unhealthy snack. If possible I'd prefer for you to not eat it too, but..." His voice trailed off as he saw Zen protectively hug the bowl to his chest. He laughed. "I'm guessing you aren't likely to listen."

As he went back to scrolling down the availabe shows, he missed Zen's smile turning into a frown.

"How about this? Asylum?" Jumin said after scanning the synopsis. Zen grimaced. He hated hospital-based horror stories, although he could generally handle most mainstream horror. "Sure." He said, not wanting to sound scared in front of Jumin. Jumin nodded and pressed play, pulling Zen closer into his side.

Ten minutes later, Jumin was deeply regretting playing the movie. Why, you ask? Zen had been coping well at first. He handled it well...up until the fourth minute into the movie. He was so startled that he jolted a little, sending popcorn flying everywhere. He'd looked at Jumin apologetically, but before he could say anything he scared again because the ghost onscreen had started to yell. That sent more popcorn flying.

Silently, Jumin wondered how they were going to last for the entirety of the two and a half hour film. He took the bowl of popcorn away from Zen and set it on the table before them, and hugged Zen closer. His lips hovered over his ear and the ends of his hair tickled the side of Zen's face. "Shh. It's okay, I'm here." He whispered into his ear, instantly calming Zen down. Jumin smiled to himself as he felt Zen's tense muscles relax in his hold.

By the end of the movie, Zen was wide awake and munching on the popcorn as he stared avidly at the screen. He felt the weight of Jumin's head on his, and Jumin's arms that were hooped around his slender waist had a weak grip. The soft breathing noises that Zen heard confirmed his suspicion that Jumin had dozed off. He smiled to himself as he took care not to move, lest he may accidentally awaken Jumin.

Twenty minutes after the end of the movie, Jumin slowly opened his eyes. He blinded rapidly to wake up faster. He glanced down at Zen, and smiled when he found his eyes closed and his head leaning against Jumin's chest. He stroked his head gently to wake him up after glancing at the clock. It was time for dinner.

"Zen, wake up." He said, and almost immediately the albino's eyelids fluttered open. He stared sleepily at Jumin, then slowly got off him and stretched. "It's time for dinner." Jumin said. Zen smiled and nodded at him. When they walked to the dining table, to Zen's surprise, there was a wide array of food already spread out and waiting. Zen stared with wide eyes. "Wha- I thought no one else was here!" he said. He whipped around suspiciously, and just as he'd thought, the living room area, which had been a popcorn warzone earlier, was spick and span.

He blushed furiously. "There was someone here?!" He cried out. Jumin smiled at him, amused. "Not anymore. I instructed the chef and Mrs. Kim to leave once dinner was ready." He said, pulling out a chair for Zen at the dining table. Zen scowled as he sat down. "Still...ugh, I'm so embarrassed!" Jumin smiled at him and pet his head affectionately.

Yet again, he missed the slight darkening of Zen's crimson eyes.

After dinner, Zen helped Jumin wash up. He'd laughed at Jumin's displeased face at the prospect of having to clear up, but they had fun doing it anyway.

"If it's with you, I'd enjoy doing anything." Jumin had said, standing back-to-back with Zen, who was washing the dishes while Jumin wiped them. Zen felt tears pool in his eyes, and he had to stay silent for a few moments as he blinked them away. "Me too." He'd replied, his voice cracking.

But Jumin didn't notice.

Zen walked up to the wall length window, pressing his palm against the cold glass. Raindrops began to slide down the clear windowpane, and the city lights were blurred from where Zen stood. Jumin sneaked up behind him and wrapped his arms around the latter's waist tightly, resting his chin on Zen's shoulder. Zen didn't react. Because of the rainfall that had gotten heavier, it was harder to notice the reflection in the glass. Jumin stared out at the fuzzy white and red lights down below from the window, fully at peace next to Zen. As expected, he always felt the best when he could be with him.

"Jumin." Zen spoke abruptly, still facing the window. "Hmm?" Jumin hummed gently in response. The sound of the rain got louder, as if to fill in the blatant gaps of silence in the conversation.

"Let's end it."

Jumin stiffened. "You want to go home? Already?" He asked, hoping he had misunderstood. "I'm leaving you, Jumin. This is over." Zen's voice was steady. Uncharacteristically calm.

Jumin's hold tightened. He was shaking. "What? What are you saying, all of a sudden? Talk to me, Zen." He didn't want to let go. He was scared that if he did, it'd be his fault for letting Zen leave.

In the window, tear streaks ran down Zen's pale face. His eyes were hollw and red-rimmed, and his lips were trembling. His palm on the window stayed where it was, though visibly shaking. It felt like daggers were piercing his heart, twisting into the flesh and ripping it apart in two. But he had to. He needed to. Flashes of Chairman Han's words still replayed themselves in his mind like a broken record, striking him with fear and worry for Jumin.

He slowly moved his hand to rest on Jumin's comfortably large, warm ones that were still slung around his waist. He didn't want the familiar weight of Jumin's head off his shoulder. He didn't want any of what he was about to do.

Without turning around, he pulled down Jumin's hand swiftly, so the embrace was broken. "I don't love you."

Stop saying the opposite of what you really want to.

Fight to keep him by your side.

Don't leave him.

All the words he wanted to say were stuck in his throat. He turned around and shot a halfhearted glance at Jumin. The dim lighting hid his sorrow within the shadows.

"Goodbye."