☕️20☕️

a/n • trigger warning for homophobia. not all the chapters will be in this format, but a select few will. maybe every twenty. anyways, enjoy. this is obviously a lot longer than my usual chapters.

Camila's breath catches in her throat as she turns around to face the girl she'd been chatting with for over a month. Her mouth opens in shock, she feels her feet glued to the floor, and all she can think is, holy fuck this girl is beautiful.

After the initial shock of seeing each other face to face, Camila dashes to the taller girl and wraps her entire body around Lauren. Of course, Lauren holds her up as she laughs melodically.

"Oh my god, it's you," Camila let's out shakily, tucking her face in Lauren's neck and taking in her sweet scent. She's seen Lauren for probably a minute and a half and is already enamored with her. Her skin is just as soft and pale as it looked, little freckles here and there. The hair that fell down her shoulders was wavy and thick, but still extremely soft.  Everything about her was so warm and sweet.

Lauren takes in Camila the same way she did. She notices how tiny she actually is, (minus the backside, of course) and thinks she could probably hold her forever. Her smooth, tan skin, her sweet chocolate eyes, the way she clung so tightly to her, even the little mole up by her hairline was enough to give Lauren heart palpitations.

After the inevitable awkwardness after they just hugged each other for the first time, Camila lets out a shy, "hi."

"Hey."

Camila finds herself swooning once again at Lauren's sweet, raspy voice. It's a little higher than she expected.

"For the record...you're ten times prettier in real life," Camila tells her, blushing at her own words.

"Says you. Look at yourself, Camz. Anyways, come on, I'm hungry," Lauren takes ahold of Camila's small hand and leads her inside. "For two," Lauren tells the hostess and they're led to a table. After being seated in a cute spot in the corner of the restaurant, she takes her again. "I'm really glad that Shawn's gay."

Camila chokes on her water.

Coughing harshly, she gets out, "what!?"

Lauren laughs softly. "I said I'm glad he's gay. Cause if he wasn't, he'd be all over you." Camila blushes again.

"Yeah yeah, sure he would. Anyways-" Camila's cut off by commotion across the restaurant.

"I just don't want my family seeing such abominating behavior out in public! Do that sort of thing behind closed doors!"

The noise caught the girls' attention, and upon further look, it wasn't hard to decipher what the confrontation was about.

Two young men were seated at a table, hands linked tightly, with an older man hovering above them with a scowl on his face. The couple seems very uncomfortable under his critical gaze. The man's family, presumably, looks on awkwardly, obviously embarrassed by their father's outbursts.

"Sir, I don't know what it is that we've done that offends you so much," one of the gentlemen asks politely, though he looks scared shitless.

"The hand holdingThe whole acting like this interaction is normal! It's so disturbing to see. I don't bring my children out to dinner to see two faggots. They don't need to be corrupted this young. Your entire existence is repulsive."

Lauren is seething. Her fists are clenched, and she struggles to keep her cool. Before she gets to stand up, Camila dashes across the room to the scene.

"Excuse me, sir? Yes. I'd like to ask what has you causing such a disturbance?" The short Latina angrily crosses her arms, glaring at the much larger man standing before her.