Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"M... my dad?" I asked. My dad was the leader of the Electroclan! My dad...

I looked over at Brysn. He looked at me and we knew. It's where we got our powers. He gets his from his mom. I get mine from my dad.

"That is totally awesome!!" I looked over towards Cassidy who was standing up with her hands on the table. "That means that my dad is a part of the Electroclan too right?"

Ostin smiled. "Yes, both your parents actually."

Cassidy looked stumped. "My mom?"

Ostin nodded. "Zeus and Tessa were very important members of the Electroclan. You guys have powers, right? Your parents are where you get them from."

Jace finally spoke. "So, we get our electrical powers, from our parents? Because as far as I know, my dad had always been the military fighter for his entire life."

Ostin laughed so hard he started snorting. "Your dad was a school bully for 16 years of his life. Then Michael shocked him and turned him to our side. You don't get your powers from your dad. If anything, they are from your mom."

"What's your power?" I asked him. He turned towards me, his ice blue eyes piercing through me.

He put his hand on my arm. I suddenly felt as if all my sorrows and worries were gone. I sighed happily. He then took his hand off my arm and immediately cold, hard emotions of sadness and worry fell back through my body. I shivered and hugged myself. Brysn put a hand on my shoulder. "You take away pain," I said, glancing back at Jace. He nodded and smirked. I'll admit, I melted a little bit.

"I wish I could take away my own pain," I said, looking down. Having my parents leave so much made me sad and depressed all the time.

Jace smiled. "I'll help you in any way I can."

I thought I saw a look of irritation flit across Brysn's face but he recovered in time for him to say two words. "Me too."

We all turned back to Ostin, who was looking at his son strangely. Brysn let go of my shoulder and blushed really bad.

"Well, let me make everything clear. Your parents are definitely NOT on vacation like you think. The Electroclan has to reunite again because they have found a new enemy. We don't know much about her, but that she is trying to take over the world. That is why you are going to one of the Electroclan hideouts tomorrow morning to hide. We can't have anyone knowing there is another generation of glows." Ostin looked down sadly. "I wish it wouldn't be that way, but I won't be with you there. We need every member."

I looked over at everyone else, and their faces were the same as mine. Pure shock.

"A new enemy?" Chloe asked.

"An Electroclan hideout?!" Cassidy said, standing up.

I looked over at Ostin again. "You're telling me, while my dad is off playing superhero, we have to stick out butts in a cabin and hide? How come we can't help?"

Ostins face crinkled worriedly. "It's not like that. Your father and mother and I didn't have a choice. We did not have a choice whether or not we had to. We got caught up in it and we rebelled. This isn't your fight. You will meeting two or three others tomorrow. Just go get some sleep. You will need it."

Zac cleated his throat. "Excuse me, but is it the place we are going the same place they sent my sister?"

Ostin nodded as everyone stood up and picked up their plates. Brysn took mine for me and he walked me to my room. "Ok, I think you should sleep in my room tonight. We got two more people, and we don't have very many rooms... I can sleep on the floor and you can sleep in my bed."