Chapter 1: 15 Years Later

The KLOBster: Hey guys it's me theKLOBster again!! I'm here with another Fanfiction!! But don't worry I am going to write the second book of hidden very soon! Just trying to get some ideas and figure things out! Love y'all!❤️

Chapter 1: 15 years later

****************Kaila****************

My name is Kaila Vey. I'm different from most people, and I can't describe it very well. My father is the owner of VEYTRIC inc. He is always hiding something though. I haven't told my mom and dad about how different I am. The weirdest thing about me, is I'm electric.

My story starts out in Meridian, Idaho. It's where I lived for the past fifteen years. I'm not surprised since Dad's friends work here too.

There is his best friend, Ostin, and his wife, McKenna. I only know them because they had their kid the same time I was born. But there's is a boy. His name is Brysn. Like Bryson but for some reason my dad and Ostin have trouble naming people correctly. I mean hello! Why didn't they just spell it Kyla? Kaila?! It's ok though I like my name.

It starts out at school.

I was sitting in art class when my phone rang.

"Ms. Vey! Even though your father powers this school, I will still take away your phone!" squawked my teacher, Mrs. Thornbottom.

I picked up my phone. "It's my mom, I need to take this."

Mrs. Thornbottom growled. "Fine, but go outside."

Brysn smiled at me as I walked to the front of the class and out the door.

I walked out to the hallway and called my mom.

"Hello?"

"Kaila?"

"Yes? What? I'm in class!"

"I have to talk to you."

I looked down at my feet. "About what?"

"Your father and I have to-uh- go somewhere.. we are leaving on a trip for VEYTRIC.. we need you to go home after school and pack your things then go over to Ostin and McKenna's."

"What?! Why can't I come? Last time you guys went to Hawaii without me."

"Honey, this is really important. Just get to Ostin's as fast as you can."

"Mom? Are you ok? You sound worried."

"We are just under a lot of stress right now. Michael and I have to go somewhere and we can't tell you in case-"

"Mom? In case what?"

"I can't right now I have to let you go. Never call this number again."

"Mom? Mom!"

My mother had hung up. What did she mean by never call that number again?

I went back into the room and sat down.

My best friend, Mia, looked at me weird. "Are you ok?" she asked me.

I looked over at her, then the teacher, then back at her. "Yeah, I'm fine."

She raised an eyebrow. "You don't seem so sure."

I glared at her and she looked back at the teacher, trying to pay attention.

I looked back towards the teacher and sighed. It was going to be a long weekend.

_LATER AFTERSCHOOL_