Talk

'It would appear that I am now royally fucked.'

"Oh, yeah. What did you want to talk about?" Baby attempted to lean on the edge of the counter and nearly missed.

"Well, I wanted to..." Ballora paused, looking at something behind Baby, "sorry, do you think we can talk somewhere more private? I think we might have an unwanted eavesdropper." 

Baby glanced over her shoulder and found a Bidybab crouching in the sink, silently snickering to itself.

She felt an uncomfortable feeling wash over her. She hated that feeling.

"Yeah, totally."

They went to Baby's room since it was closest. 

As soon as they walked in, she noticed her journal (which was still on the floor) sitting wide open for the world to see. 

She quickly kicked the thing under her bed.

"What was that?"

"Nothing important. So...what's up?"

"I...I just wanted to ask you if you're doing okay."

'Shit.'

Baby blinked. "Why would you want to ask me that?"

'Shit.'

"I don't know, I just can't help but be a little worried about you. You've been acting...off lately."

"How so?"

"You've just been super quiet and reserved. Well, I suppose you're not usually super talkative either. But you do like to talk." Ballora took a step closer. "And you used to talk to Ennard and I more than anyone else, but now, you only do it if we initiate conversation with you first. Did we do something wrong?"

"No," Baby answered a little too quickly.

"Then is ther—" 

"Don't worry about me, Lor. I'm fine," she insisted. "And you guys didn't do anything wrong."

'They really didn't...I need to get over it.'

"Alright..." Ballora sounded like she didn't completely believe her. 

She turned to leave the room, pausing in the doorway. 

"Baby?"

"Yeah?"

"I..." she cut herself off, "nevermind. I'll tell you later."