Missing It

Baby couldn't lie to people's faces. She would look around you instead of at you, and her voice always got slightly higher at the end of her sentences.  Ballora knew that, and she knew that Baby lied to her. She knew that she wasn't being truthful.

And Ballora spent a long time thinking about that. She spent a long time thinking about the redhead in general.

The two used to spend a stupid amount of time together. It was kind of ridiculous in a way. But they liked it. They liked spending stupid amounts of time together.

Perhaps it was Ballora's fault that they didn't do that very much anymore. After all, she was the one who decided to find something to break that time up a little bit. She was afraid that she was getting a little too close to the other woman.

She couldn't get any closer to her.

Even if she wanted to.

Because she was starting to have feelings for her.

And she couldn't let that happen, right? Surely, Baby would find that weird.

She kind of wanted to tell her, but she was afraid.

"What's wrong, Lori?"

Ballora snapped out of her thoughts, looking at her boyfriend. "Pardon?"

"What's wrong?" Ennard repeated. "You look super spaced out."

"Nothing."

Ballora liked Ennard. She did.

Didn't she?

She had really been starting to question herself recently.