birthday proposal | pt. 1

word count: 741

genre: fluff

reader x kihyun

(taken from my tumblr)

-

Today is your birthday and you took the day off from work to celebrate the happy occasion with your boyfriend, Kihyun, whom you have been dating for five months. Kihyun has also taken the day off specially for you.

One morning, the sunlight was streaming through the windows and shined onto you. A fragrant and buttery smell was spreading throughout the whole bedroom. Suddenly, you felt a pat on your arm and it woke you up. It was Kihyun. "Look what's in front, [y/n]!", Kihyun told you excitedly, looking forward to your reaction while you tried to wake up, still feeling sleepy. As you tried to sit up on the bed, you could barely open your eyes after waking up from your sleep. However, it came to your surprise when you saw what was in front of you which made you open your eyes fully.

What's in front of you was a breakfast set consisting of a plate of five pancakes stacked onto each other, topped with a tiny cube of butter and drizzled with a generous amount of maple syrup with a piping hot cup of tea which goes well with the pancakes on the table top near your bed. Kihyun had woken up early at dawn to prepare that sincerely heartwarming breakfast to show how much he cared for you. "Happy birthday, [y/n]!", Kihyun cheerfully wished, hoping to have a good birthday date with you.

Still in denial, you asked him, "Did you do all these for me?". Kihyun then nodded and told you that he did it. "Aww, that's so sweet of you! Thank you!", you thanked him full gratitude and later asked him whether you can eat it. "Woah, not so fast jagi!" Go and brush your teeth first.", Kihyun was like his usual mom-like behaviour towards you even on your birthday. You pouted and straightaway went to the the bathroom to freshen up yourself. As you were brushing your teeth, Kihyun was looking at you and he was grinning from ear to ear. "I can't believe that this girl is turning a year older today.", he pondered while having happy thoughts of you, making him smile brightly like the sun.

As you finished brushing your teeth, you headed back to the bed and looked intently towards the breakfast set. As you looked at the breakfast set, you started to feel hungry and felt your stomach starting to rumble. As you returned to the bed, you immediately picked up the cutlery and started to look at the pancake stacks that were golden-brown in colour and the drizzled maple syrup was shining, making you more hungrier. "Bon appetit!", you chirped excitedly, looking forward to how it tasted. Then, you quickly used the fork to poke through the pancakes and the knife to cut through the pancakes. As you bring the pancakes into your mouth, the sweetness of the maple syrup was spreading inside your mouth and your teeth were grinding into the soft and fluffy pancakes. Much to your surprise, the pancakes Kihyun cooked were worth being a birthday breakfast. While you were trying to savour the taste of the pancakes, Kihyun climbed on the bed and then gave you a backhug. "how were the pancakes, jagi?", he asked with full curiosity.

"Mmm, it was delicious!", you exclaimed, saying that the pancakes were good. As you were savouring the pancakes, Kihyun kept backhugging you. He then pulled you away from the pancakes and gave you a peck on your lips. "Here's another birthday present from your boyfriend, [y/n].", Kihyun said while it gave you a surprise when he did it. While you were surprised, your face started to blush like a tomato and also started to freeze as if you were frozen by ice. "What happened to you, [y/n]?", Kihyun asked in shock when he saw you frozen in surprise.

"Oh, it was nothing. I was just startled by that sudden peck.", you answered him, still being bashful from just now. "Oh, alright. You're so cute, jagi.", Kihyun chuckled. He then told you to finish the pancakes quickly as it is starting to become cold. As you finished the pancakes, you started to feel full but it was a heartwarming breakfast prepared by your boyfriend with full sincerity. "I will do the dishes for you, jagi!", Kihyun wanted treat you like a princess as it was your birthday and so, he did the dishes for you that morning.