birthday proposal | pt. 2

word count: 661

genre: fluff

reader x kihyun

(taken from my tumblr)

-

As Kihyun was washing the dishes for the morning, you headed to the living room and plopped onto the sofa. After you got onto the sofa, your eyes started to shift to the kitchen where Kihyun was. As you were looking at what was Kihyun was doing in the kitchen, the corners of your mouth formed into a smile due to the heartwarming sight in front of you. After he has finished doing the dishes, Kihyun joined you on the sofa and started a conversation as it had been a long time since the both of you have talked due to work. "Jagi, it has been a long time since we have gone on a date together. Shall we go for ice-cream?", Kihyun asked. It also had been a long time since the two of you have caught up with each other too. "Hmm, ice-cream sounds good too!", you replied earnestly.

"Alright jagi, but first we need to change before we go. Let's change.", Kihyun chided to you as if he was your mom. You then headed to the room excitedly . When you opened the wardrobe door, you started thinking of what to wear carefully. After you had thought about it, you picked out a plain white shirt and a denim skirt out from the wardrobe and put it on. While you were changing, Kihyun asked whether you were done from outside the room and you said you weren't done. "It's okay, jagi. Take your time.", Kihyun wasn't trying to rush and so, he told you to take your time before the both of you went out.

After changing, you opened the door, and of course, Kihyun was outside. "Oh my god, [y/n]. You look so cute in this outfit!", Kihyun exclaimed and then a smile was plastered onto his face. He then swung his arm and wrapped onto your waist and then gave you a peck on your cheek. "Let's go, jagi.", the both of you then headed towards the main door and then exited the house to head to the ice-cream parlour the both of you often patronise near your neighbourhood.

As you both arrived at the ice-cream parlour, the both of you then approach towards the cold ice-cream display and gaze at the colourful ice-cream flavours inside the display. The employee of the ice-cream parlour came and asked, "What would the both of you like?". However, you weren't able to answer that as soon as possible as you were too spoiled for choice. Kihyun then asked you, "Shall we both get a double scoop and share with each other?".

"Uhm, sorry. can you excuse us for a minute? Thank you.", the both of you needed an urgent discussion of which two flavours you two wanted. "You're getting vanilla, right? I will get caramel then.", you made up your decision of which flavour you would like to have together with Kihyun's all time favourite, vanilla. "Okay, we would like to have a double scoop with vanilla and caramel please. Thank you!", Kihyun then gave your orders to the employee and she then prepared her ice-cream scoop and then scooped out the flavours the both of you wanted.

"Thank you and have a nice day!", the order was ready and Kihyun paid for the ice-cream. "It's my treat, jagi.", what he said made you startle as you two usually pay together however, today was exceptional as it was your birthday. After taking the ice-cream, the both of you then exited the ice-cream parlour with both arms onto each other's waists and the ice-cream on Kihyun's other hand. Kihyun then scooped out a bit of caramel ice-cream and then fed you like how most lovey-dovey couples do. "Here comes the airplane, [y/n]!", you then ate that scoop Kihyun gave you and later gave him a smile. as he saw the smile on you face, Kihyun started to giggle in happiness. "Let's go home as soon as possible before this ice-cream melts!".