birthday proposal | pt. 4 [end]

word count: 1190

genre: fluff

reader x kihyun

(taken from my tumblr)

-

"So, where are we going?", you asked Kihyun with full curiosity while heading towards the lift lobby. He then replied, "We are going to a restaurant Shownu hyung recommended me. By the way, be careful of the steps especially in these very high heels.", Kihyun was wary of your steps while the both of you were about to step onto a curb. As the two of you reached the lift lobby, you were about to press the lift button but Kihyun's hand blocked the way of your hand, pressing the lift button for you. "Let me do everything for you, jagi.", basically this statement made your heart your heart flutter and blush a lot. Kihyun then planted a kiss on your cheek and said, "You're so cute, jagi.". The lift then reached the carpark and the both of you entered and Kihyun pressed the floor number of the restaurant.

As the both of you reached the restaurant, you were pretty surprised because the restaurant seemed high-class and you were quite worried that the food there would be too expensive. "A reservation for 2 under Yoo Kihyun.", he even made a reservation before you knew it. "Sure, please come here.", the waitress lead both you both towards a round table which was covered with a white cloth and red rose petals scattered all over the table and a white burning candle placed in the middle of the table. It was a candlelight dinner in a dimly lit restaurant with many people present other then the both of you.

"What would you like, young lady?", Kihyun asked while the both of you looked into the menu book each of you have, given by the waitress. Unlike your expectations, the price of the food wasn't as expensive as you thought. You were too spoiled for choice and so, it was difficult to decide what you wanted to have. "I'm going to have spaghetti with meatballs. You?", Kihyun asked and you told him that you still have not decided what to eat. "You can eat anything you want. It's my treat anyway. Do you want me to decide for you?", Kihyun then looked into the menu again to decide for you.

"How about a sirloin steak for you?", KIhyun then asked and you told him that you agreed to his choice for you. He then asked the waitress over and sent her the orders the both of you wanted. "Do you want any drinks?", the waitress asked Kihyun. To him, two glasses of red wine would be great for the occasion. "I would like two glasses of red wine, please.", the waitress then confirmed the orders once more and set off towards the kitchen.

Kihyun then looked at you and asked, "We have never dated like this, right?". You then answered by giving him a nod. "Yeah, we have never gone on a date like this before.", you answered Kihyun. He then looked at you and gave you a smile that could light up the dark. "You're so beautiful, [y/n]. In fact, I might be able to watch you forever.", said Kihyun with full sincerity. You then blushed at his statement and shyly avoided his eye contact. "Oh my god, [y/n]. You're so cute.", Kihyun said again, being proud of having you as his girlfriend.

The glasses of red wine arrived at the table in a flash before the two of you knew it. As the waitress poured the red wine onto each glass, the sound of the red wine being poured into the glass pleased your ears and the scarlet red colour of the red wine also pleased your eyes with its dark shade yet striking visual has caught your attention. The both of you then savoured the taste of red wine together in a sip. "This wine is pretty good, eh?", Kihyun asked you, being impressed with how the red wine tasted. "Mhm, it's pretty good.", you were also impressed with the sweet taste of the red wine too.

As the two of you was appreciating the red wine, your orders came in a flash. The savoury aroma of the steak spread throughout the table and so was Kihyun's spaghetti. "Jagi, your spaghetti looks good. Can I try some later?", the appearance of the spaghetti had you swoon just by looking at it. "Yes, you may try some of my spaghetti later. By the way, your steak looks good too.", Kihyun replied to you while looking at your steak. The two of you then picked up the cutlery and started to taste the food. Kihyun used his fork to twirl a small amount of spaghetti on a spoon while you used the fork to poke through the soft and tender steak to taste the steak and then used the knife to cut through the meat.

You both then looked at each other, trying to read each other's mind while chewing onto the food. The savoury flavours of the steak started to spread inside your mouth and of course, you totally loved almost everything about the steak even if it was your first time eating in this restaurant. You then cut a bite-sized piece of the steak and then offered it to Kihyun who wanted to take a bite of your steak.

"Jagi, your steak is really nice.", of course, Kihyun loved it. He then gave you a small portion of his spaghetti to you. After putting the spaghetti into your mouth, the tangy flavours of the spaghetti was spreading inside your mouth as you were trying to savour the taste of the spaghetti and of course, you loved it. The two of you then continued your dishes until there wasn't a single trace of anything behind. Kihyun then wanted to seek attention from the staffs by raising his hand after the both of you finished the dinner.

"May I have the bill, please?", Kihyun was going to pay for the dinner tonight and so he told you not to take out your wallet. "Remember? I told you I am doing everything for you today.", Kihyun reminded you what he said earlier on as you have probably forgotten what he has said while making good and memories with him. Kihyun then paid the bill with his credit card that looked pretty grand and you were a little surprised seeing it in his hands.

After paying the bill, the two of you headed back to the car. The both of you then entered the car but you felt something was fishy. Kihyun did not start the engine. Instead, he took a few deep breaths to make himself less nervous. You felt the atmosphere getting weirder and thought that he had prepared something surprising for you. "Jagi, this is my last present for you.", Kihyun was really nervous. He then took out a box that seemed suspicious to you from the inner pocket inside his jacket. He then opened the box and what you saw made you more surprised than what you saw this morning. It was a silver, diamond-encrusted ring that was inside the box that made you really shocked.

"Will you marry me?"