1: Fake ID's

"Dude, you ready yet?" I yell from the living room. "We need to go now if we plan on sneaking in during the rush." I sit on the floral printed sofa as I grab the skywalker boots from the shoe cupboard. I push my feet through and zip their sides over my skinny jeans as Willow struts into the small room with a record in her hands.

"Rydia, chill. we will make it." Willow says as she sets the disc in the box record player on the coffee table. A soft rock song begins to play.

"'*Let's run away*,'" I sing along to the band. "'*Down the fire escape. Far far away. When the lights go out.*'" I fluff my hair. "God I love this song. And Harley Daniels. Wow that boy..."

"Which one is he?"

"Guitarist."

"Eh, He's alright."

"Dude, that Black hair, those blue eyes. How do they not kill you?" I dramatically swoon.

"Hes ok...I guess. I definitely prefer the drummer or basist."

"Psh what ever, hes all mine then." I quietly sang a few more lines of the beautiful song that played.

Ignoring my performance, she runs her fingers through her red A-line styled hair. " What do you think?" She asks, posing her outfit. She wore a plaid super-mini skirt and a black off-the-shoulder puffy shirt.

"Cute, but it's missing something." I glance down at her feet.

"What?"

" Shoes." I say with a butt-headed smirk.

" Thank you, " she looks me over for something to criticize. " but you have no room to talk, Yoda." A victory smile spreads on her pink lips. I stare at her completely perplexed. She sighs. " Your lame-assed Yoda boots."

"Excuse me? They are Skywalker boots. Skywalker. As in Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker." Willow blinks.

" It's called sarcasm; I know my Star Wars. Though I do hope you have something else to talk about tonight."

I walk to the hallway mirror to adjust my Rocky Horror Picture Show t-shirt.

"Have a little faith in me please." Willow takes my place on the couch and laces up her high-top converse. She analyzes everything I'm wearing.

" You make that super difficult. I thought this was for hooking-up, not dropping-out."

" Shut up. " I grab my purse and go over the check list.

"Fake IDs?"

"Check." Willow says as she removes the plastic cards from the table and hands me one.

"Money in case we have to buy our own food and drinks, check. And keys." I dig through my Final Fantasy inspired canvas bag.

" Crap. Not again." I turn in a full circle, scanning the room.

"Check." Repeats Willow as she tosses a shiny object at me. I quickly put them in my bag. I open the front door to our apartment and wave her out.

" We are off like a herd of turtles." I mutter under my breath.

*******

We pull into the parking lot as a huge group of people enter the bar.

"Look," Willow says pointing to three large groups of people. "we made it!" We quickly exit the car and embed ourselves in a mass of partiers to escape being seen by the bouncers.

When we are finally in the club, we snare two stools at the bar and order drinks.

"We did it!" Willow repeats. She laughs as she chugs her beer. She laughs again as she glances at the dance floor longingly. "Rydia, please..." she pouts.