Prologue

The noise of heavy panting echoed through the empty warehouse. There it was. A small girl, around the age of four, holding a knife to a bird's neck. She giggled and ended the poor creatures life. Another day, another innocent.

Her straight, black hair framed her face and she had a tiny mouth that held a weak smile.

"Hello, little girly," the man with a rose tattoo said pushing her outgrown fringe away from her eyes, "what's your name?"

"Kylie," she said so quietly he almost didn't hear her.

The little girl seemed so interested in the man's tattoos.

"Do you like my tattoos?" He asked the tiny, fragile girl.

She nodded and studied them with her beady, chestnut eyes. Kylie moved closer to the strange man, giving him her undivided attention.

"It's like my name," the smart girl whispered tracing it with her fingers. Her voice sounded hoarse and scratched and she laughed in enjoyment.

That's when he realised who it was...

'Four year old girl, Kylie Rose, confirmed deceased. Her body is still missing. Our prayers go out for this young family.' The man remembered seeing it on the news along with a picture of her.

He had a slick black hair cut and big brown eyes. He smiled at her, picking her up and walking in.

"Amanda! I found a good addition to our gang," the man yelled, his voice echoing throughout the warehouse.

Amanda was the definition of a model, she had straight brown hair and killer cheekbones, her body was slim and fit and she was no older than nineteen.

"Aww Dan, she's so cute! Won't her parents notice she's missing?" Amanda questioned.

"They think she's dead..."

"I guess it's us three then," Amanda shrugged, growing a liking for Kylie already.

The inside of the warehouse looked like an underground club. With neon lights and the industrial look visible.

"Lets get you changed out of those rugged clothes," Amanda said holding Kylie's hand.

Amanda held out two shirts for Kylie to wear as a dress. One white, one black. "Which one?" Amanda asks.

"Black." The little girl answered tugging on the black shirt.

"Dan didn't tell me your name, what is it?" Amanda said kneeling down so she was at eye level with Kylie.

"Black!" She said again tugging the shirt with her tiny hands.

"Okay then, Black." Amanda laughed at her own sarcasm. She dressed Kylie and walked with her back into the kitchen.

Dan held Amanda's hand and bent over. "My name is Dan and this is Amanda." He said to Kylie. She looked confused. "You can call me Mandy."

"Come on, Black, you look hungry!" Mandy said opening the fridge and taking out a TV dinner.

"Black?" Dan questioned.

"Yeah."

"Black Rose."

"Interesting."

And that was just the beginning of how Kylie, whose parents were convinced she was dead got the name Black Rose and joined the gang 'periculosus atque fortis' which was Latin for 'dangerous and strong'.