Chapter 7

Okay I probably don't have to say this, but i'd like to just in case... so real quick... Any references to actual items, people, angels, demons, etc. depicted in the bible or other religions is not meant to offend. Personally i'm not religious, but am using things from Christianity to advance the story Please do not take offense to anything that references actual biblical passages, characters, events, or items. This story WILL NOT follow the bible exactly, and will merely use names/passages from the book, so please don't comment lecturing me about what actually happened in the bible, I know already... Okay warning aside let's get on with the story :)

~~~~~~~~Jack's POV~~~~~~~

It takes no more than five minutes to gather everyone. Nate had left to gather Emma and Mark, while Thomas left without another word to me. Mark comes in first followed at his heels by the clad-in-black angel. He shoots me a questioning look as he plops onto the sofa, I offer a mere shrug. I know as little as he does.

Emma comes in next a couple minutes afterward, she walks with squared shoulders and clenched fists swinging at her sides. She doesn't look angry, so much as stressed beyond a human level. I feel unease twist at my stomach. That feeling only grows as Thomas enters last dragging someone else along with him.

Despite Dark being a demon, and essentially a prisoner, Thomas treats him with as much respect as he would anyone else. Keeping the grip on his bicep light as to lead rather than drag the demon along. Dark seems to be okay with this, keeping his stature calm, his arms once again cuffed behind his back. I assume Thomas is to thank for that small comfort.

The brown-haired angel murmurs something to Dark who simply huffs walking to sit in the armchair Nate once resided in. His eyes move to me for a second, and I almost recoil at the dancing playfulness that glimmers in his vision. I feel Mark's hand grab mine with renowned anger, almost possessive in nature. I don't need to look at him to see where his glare falls.

Nate steps up to the front of the room, in front of the black screen of the television, his arms cross in front of him as if he stands in front of someone of high rank rather than two humans and a demon. Emma and Thomas move off to either side of the couch, Thomas remains near the demon as precaution, and Emma stands just to Mark's right side.

Nate clears his throat, and again my attention focuses on the dark angel. His feet stay shoulder width apart, his stature reminding me of a soldier with no fear and no regrets, yet I can almost feel the anxiety coming off him in waves.

"I did as you asked, investigated Antisepticeye's human life... "

He looks at Emma mostly as he speaks.

"His human life? How the hell?"

Mark speaks up earning a few looks, but ultimately ignoring all of them. Nate sighs and glances over to the demon who had made himself comfortable in the arm chair, ankle crossed over one of his knees, and leaning back so his cuffed hands press against the leather seat. He shrugs as eyes move to him.

"You didn't think they brought me back just to look, pretty did you?"

It's unclear who Dark addresses, but best guess is it's one of the humans, neither respond to his sarcasm.

"Anyhow..."

Nate gains attention once again.

"I looked into Antisepticeye's... well Jameson's... past, family, friends, all that... Nothing we didn't know already. Lonely kid, poor social status, essentially a street rat.... That is until I looked at his parents."