How to Customize Start Menu in Windows 10

In new Windows 10, the disabled feature for resizing the Start menu disappoints the users. But there is an alteration to customize the Start Menu. For the customization, you need to do modification in the registry of your system. Back up files and folders will save the data from getting erased.

Before changing the size of Start menu, modify Registry in the system.Press Windows Key + R to open the run program.Type regedit in Run program and press Enter.The command will open Registry EditorOn the left side pane in the window, find HKCUClick to open HKCU folder.In the folder, go to Software.Click to open Software folder and find Microsoft to open it.Now, go to Windows folder and click to expand.Search for CurrentVersion in Windows folder.Click to open the folder.Now, go to Explorer folder and open the AdvancedIn the right panel of the window, right-click anywhere in the window but on any files.Select and click NewFrom the sub-menu, left click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.Type EnableXamIStartMenu to name DWORD.

Note: Do not use quotes.

Set 0 value for DWORD.Close the window and reboot your computer.After a restart, check if your Start menu is resizable.

As your Windows 10 Start menu is resizable, drag your cursor to Start Menu edges. A double-sided arrow will appear on the edges of the menu. Click on a border and move your mouse cursor to resize your Windows 10 start menu.

For other customization in the left panel of the start menu, you can go to:Settings and click Personalization.Now, go to Start and click on it.Select Choose which folder appear on Start and list options will open.Now turn the toggle button on to enable the folders like File Explorer, Music, Downloads, Documents, etc. on Start.You can set full-screen Start as well. To set full screen go to:Settings>Personalization>Start.In Start, you will find Use Start full screen.Turn the toggle button on.

This is all you need to do if you wish to change or customize your Windows 10 computer. But remember, when the feature is disabled in the new updates of the window, and you want to bring some changes, the modification in your registry is required which is instructed above. Now, you can customize your Start Menu, you can make it look fresh, attractive and most importantly you customize it according to your use.