How to Log Out of Messenger?

Are you having trouble logging out of the Messenger app? It is a fixable issue. Messenger is Facebook's standalone communication app. It is social media's most giant offering. This platform makes it easy to stay in touch via video chats, texts or the group conversations. But if you wish to log out when you are finished, or you have left your ID active on the device you don't have with you, then it can be a bit tricky to find the relevant settings.

Logging out of an iOS device

It may seem entirely sensible to expect the logout option in the Messenger app on your iPad or iPhone. But this isn't the case in reality. You need to go to the Facebook app itself, to find out the log out option. Open the Facebook application and tap three lines icon in the right corner in the bottom. Just scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy>Settings. Go to the Security section in the next page. Go to the next page entitled, Security and tap on Security and Login. You will now find, a list of devices, under the heading "Where you're logged In." You will now be able to see whether you are logged into Facebook Messenger or App. You can now Log Out to disable the session.

Logging out of an Android device

Along with an iOS, you will need to use the full Facebook app to log out of the Messenger. To do this here, just open the Facebook and tap on the three lines in the top-most right corner. Select the following from the menu, Settings & Privacy>Settings>Security and Log in. A section will show up with heading Where you're logged in; It will display all the current active device and show if they are logged into the Facebook or the Messenger. Find the one you want to disable, you may find it in the See More Section. Choose Log Out once more to secure your account.

Log out via the Facebook website

You can disable the device you want to log out even if you don't have the equipment. Open your browser, go to Facebook. With your logged in account, click on the arrow facing downwards in the top right corner and select settings. You will see a column of options on the left side on the next page. Click on the Security and Log in and find your device from the section marked Where you're logged in. Click on the three dots to the right of its name and Log Out.

is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, John has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as