How to Use an Animated GIF as Screensaver on Mac OS?

If you want to save an animated GIF as the screensaver on the Mac PC, then you are the right place. This post will help you to do this task. Well, you can easily add an animated GIF as a screensaver on your Mac device.

For most people, using an animated GIF as a screen saver is a bit stupid and probably not appropriate, but if you have a favorite animated GIF and want some low-resolution eye candy for fun or enjoyment, then this screensaver option may be right for you.

How to Set an Animated Gif as Screen Saver in Mac OS?

This tutorial is using a third party free screensaver to enable the usage of animated GIFs as Mac's screen saver. Below some steps is provided to save an animated GIF as the screensaver on the Mac PC:-

Go to the GitHub and download the AnimatedGIF screensaver from here.After downloading the AnimatedGIF screen saver file, install the screensaver manually.Double-click on it to the file on the Mac that way.Then move to the Apple menu and select the "System Preferences" option.Now go to the "Desktop & Screen Saver" option.Go to the under the 'Screen Saver' tab and then select the "AnimatedGIF" from the left side menu.Then click on the "Screen Saver Options" to set your animated gif screen saver.After that, you will need an animated GIF to use as your Mac PC screen saver.

But, you need to configure several options, like center or stretch the animation on display, alter the frame rate, load the GIF, modify the background color, etc.

Apart from this, you can get the animated gifs from anywhere on the web, find any one and save it from the internet.

Besides this, you can also create your animated GIFS and change a video to an animated GIF with the help of GifBrewery tool, the simple Drop to Gif tool.

You can also save a screensaver as the wallpaper. To do so, you can use a free software named GIFpaper.