Chapter 1

Clink , the sound of my suitcase finally closed ! I'd overpacked , it was obvious . My case was bulging with clothes , bursting out at the seems . I just had to wait until i heard the honk of the taxi horn , and mum shouting up the stairs "He's here" . I had no idea who the "he" was but i didn't care , it was the beginning of a trip i would never forget .

Living in Wales you don't get many opportunities to do things . I love Wales don't get me wrong , but it's not a big country , not many people live in it , things that happen in other countries doesn't happen here . That's why when the opportunity came up to go to a camp in CA i was over the moon that my mum allowed me to go . You have to be able to speak english to go . Don't ask me why because i have no idea i guess for communication reasons . It's a camp that lasts a month , we go to many different american events , for instants Coachella , then we get interviewed for different shows about the events . Thats probably why we needed to have good english . I mentioned in my application that i had an A* in my english GCSE . I don't know why , i think i felt if i mentioned it , it would help my chance at getting in .

I heard the honk of the taxi , and before my mum could shout up the stairs i was trembling down with my huge eliphantlike suitcase . My dad took it off me at the bottom and wheeled it outside as i passed all of my siblings each of them giving me a kiss , goodluck message and hugs . Elise and Courtney giving me all three and then there was josh and max standing awkwardly waiting to give me a hug . Then at last , getting to my parents , both seemed to pounce on me , especially my mother .

Finally i was able to get into the Taxi , i set my hand luggage on the second seat next door to me , then rolled down the window , waved to my siblings and parents and blew them all a kiss as the taxi turned it's engine on and rolled up the street before turning left and driving to the airport . I plugged my earphones in and got myself comfy for the 4 hour drive that was to come .