How to Stop Procrastinating

The psychology of action is simple: do it and do it quick once the idea of doing comes across your mind.

I know there are a lot of do's.

But really, procrastination is a habit just like smoking a habit or brushing your teeth a habit. You tend to procrastinate because you always give in to procrastination just about EVERYTIME, and you won't believe me when I told you that whatever you do if you do it repetitively, is like writing a program to your computer, except the computer here is your amazing brain.

So whenever someone ask  "Why are you a master at procrastination?", your excuse of "This is who I am" is the darnest thing to say because it's a lie. The truth is, it's your fault that you have the habit of procrastinating.

"Oh but I wish I can change." Pfft, another darned thing to say. No you don't really want to change, because if you do you'll change.

I know I should have titled this chapter 'how to change a habit', but really, the first thing you gotta do to successfully change any bad habit is to get rid of the procrastinating habit.

So how do you do that?

Truth is always so simple: don't procrastinate and do it everytime until it makes a habit. That's how to reprogram your brain.

You remember of that assignment due next week, do it NOW or if you are in the middle of something equally important, schedule a definite time to do it, but schedule it NOW. Don't let your mind slips a 'later' or an 'after netflix', once you remember something you need to do, either do now or schedule  now, that way you program your brain to tend to your priority before anything else.

If you do this EVERYTIME, you'll make a habit of hustle. You'll notice the difference when your peers trying to get done the task you've finished ages ago, it gives you the sense of accomplishment, and it's such a perfect confidence booster.

Soon you'll left with nothing else to do and your hands feel the itch to do something productive. Soon you'll develop the habit of going the extra mile which makes you precious to your boss and peers. Soon you'll have the time to live your purpose in life thereby making your dreams come true.

It's all begin with the habit of taking action. Now.