Error Just Wanted Some Sleep

~No One's POV~

Dream' s tears began to fall from his eyes. 

Cross had left the two a few seconds ago, disappearing into the forest, leaving the twins alone. 

"Please, Nightmare, it's true that you did all those things for me... but I care about you. I always have, and I always will!" Dream said unevenly, trying to keep his voice normal.

"Then why ruin one of the best moments of my life? I knew it seemed to good to be true." Nightmare spat.

"I didn't mean to, it's just... I don't know! I just saw my brother and my friend together, and after you told him you loved him..." Dream broke off, and Nightmare glared at him.

"You love him, don't you?" 

Dream froze.

Nightmare took a step forward.

"You do, don't you? You're jealous."

"N-No! Not anymore!" Dream said as quickly as possible.

Nightmare felt relived, but mad at the same time.

"So when did you, then?" He asked his brother.

"..."

"Tell me."

Dream reluctantly began to speak.

 "I never... loved... him. I just thought he was... I don't know?"

"Well me neither, so explain." Nightmare growled, taking another step forward.

Without warning, Dream broke out into loud sobs.

"I'm s-s-sor-ry, N-Night-tmare..."

~Back in the living room where everyone is asleep~

The stairs creaked slightly as someone walked down them. Their pale, skeletal feet led them to the sofa on which Error was asleep.

They sighed as they sat next to the sleeping, black skeleton. They accidentally touched Error's phone, which was lying next to him. It turned on, sending up a beam of light, illuminating the face of Geno.

Geno was debating whether to wake his brother up or not.

Their brother had texted him, saying that he was "pretty sure someone just got murdered a few streets away."

Geno had already been awake when he had received the message.

~A few minutes ago~

 Geno woke up after a few hours of dreamless sleep. He always found it hard to sleep for more than a few hours at a time. And he always had trouble getting back to sleep after he woke up.

He sighed. 

He wanted to get up, and walk around for a bit, get a glass of water and-

His phone buzzed, cutting his thoughts off.

He sighed again, slipping out gently from his boyfriend's arm, which had been around him as they slept.

He rolled over and picked up his phone.

1 new message:

Fresh: Bro I think some broski just died.

Geno's vision was slightly blurry still from having just woken up. 

He rubbed his eyes, and replied to his younger brother.

Fresh, It's three in the morning. What do you mean someone died?