Chapter 8

Considering Lexa held a large amount of authority and respect, it didn't stop her from being helpful. Especially to those who needed her help. Although Clarke still hated her guts, still believed Lexa to be selfish and completely cold hearted, she couldn't help but admire her as she watched from atop of her horse from a distance.

The young leader took Raven's bags from her, placing them in the back of a makeshift cart which was crafted in a short amount of time by Jayden and Gustus. Raven struggled to carry her stuff, limping through the fresh mud which lay on the grounds of Arkadia. It was clear that Lexa had saw her struggle and came to her aid.

As she dropped the last of Raven's items in the cart, she turned, the dim light from the moon hitting every edge of her face, highlighting every dip, every curve. Clarke watched as the muscles in her jaw tensed, her face hardening when a sky person approached her.

"Where the hell are you going?" He yelled. His voice boomed through the entirety of Arkadia. There was no doubt that it echoed through the woods not far from them either. It wasn't the fear that her own people would hear that bothered her. It was the fear of Azgeda hearing which stirred worry in the pit of her stomach.

"Keep your voice down!" Raven hissed. He turned and glared.

"No! Our people deserve to know you are leaving us defenceless!" He exclaimed. His dark eyes clung to Lexa's bright ones, which almost glowed in their unique shade.

"And who are you, Sky person?" Lexa said, her voice calm, undeniably sensible given the circumstances she was being put in.

"My name is Charles Pike. Leader of Farm Station. And while you are amongst my people, leader of you too" he said through gritted teeth. This caused Lexa's eyes to snap back up from her nails which she had recently focused on. Her stare looked like it could pierce through mountains, sharper than her own blade.

"Well, Pike, tell me. Were you afraid when I threatened war upon your people?" She asked. The man before her stayed silent. He had no comment on this, especially since he wasn't even there. Lexa continued "were you worried when Clarke and I settled our conflict with an alliance?"

"If I had been there, I would have killed you before you had the chance to save yourself" he growled. Lexa simply sighed and tucked her hands behind her back, clasping them loosely.

"Precisely, Pike. You were not there. For any of it. As it seems, you have just arrived, therefore, you have no authority. Clarke has the authority here, and if not Clarke, then Abby kom Skaikru. With another alliance arranged, I will not hesitate to aid in any rebellions you and your people may attempt to rise. My peacekeepers will put you back in your place." She said simply "And if you do not recognise yourself as Skaikru, then Farm station itself will form its own clan. Certainly a clan which will not be welcomed by my own clan. Is that understood?"

"You never welcomed us. As soon as you landed you were mowing is down. With your ridiculous white face paint and your primitive spears-"

"The Azgeda are the only clan to wear white face paint. You landed in the territory of a very hostile nation" Lexa said "And they are very close to beginning a war with me. Not all of us are the same"

"Grounders are grounders, commander. You're all guilty." Pike argued back. Lexa weaved her way through the horses with Charles Pike hot on her heels, eager to argue with her. Eager to fight her. Eager to kill her.

"Believe what you must Charles, however, make your choices wise ones." She tugged herself up onto the horse beside Clarke's "a false one shall result in the most unfortunate ending"

With that, Pike disappeared back to the Ark, the heels of his boots sinking into the mud as he trudged back, the small suctioning sound of his feet becoming almost painful. Clarke and Lexa exchanged glances as Jayden removed himself from his horse.