The Protocol

Chapter 7

The Protocol

Batcave

Wonder Woman, Superman, Shazam, and Kara made it back to the Batcave defeated. They saw Bruce sitting in front of three monitors that were playing the news. Bruce was mad.

"Who's Aquaman!?" Bruce questioned Diana angrily.

"Bruce-I-

"Tell me!" Bruce commanded.

"He was my best friend." Wonder Woman said, "When you left to go to Taipei, I left too. I went back to my island where I met him. Atlantis and Paradise Island formed an alliance when I was gone to stop a threat to us both named Ares. He had just discovered he was Atlantean and I had just came back to Paradise Island. We became friends and fought together in the battlefield. But when Arthur's mother died, the queen at the time, Ocean Master, his older brother became king. Arthur became Ocean Master's warlord. Arthur became loyal to his king. After Ocean Master became king, the alliance between Paradise Island and Atlantis was no more. And Arthur went by Orin, his Atlantean name. War broke out between Atlantis and Paradise Island and a lot of my fellow Amazons died. The war ended when my mother died in battle and Arthur's and my friendship ended too."

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?! Lives could have been saved!" Bruce yelled.

"What do you mean lives could have been saved?!" Wonder Woman questioned.

"I thought I wouldn't have had to come to this, I could have initiated the protocol earlier!" Bruce said.

"What Protocol?" Kara asked.

"Protocol Justice League." Bruce replied.