Medals of Honor

Chapter 18

Medals of Honor

Washington Monument

Harvey Dent and the world were safe. The Justice League was called to the Washington Monument where they would get Medals of Honor from President Luthor for saving the world from possibly getting taken over. They stood in front of the Washington Monument where they faced the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. They saw thousands of people including Lois Lane and Jack Ryder.

"Yesterday, we had faced a threat that we have never seen before. It was not a terrorist group from the Bialya or Kahndaq. The threat weren't Venom Drug Lords from Santa  Prisca. The terrorist came from Atlantis. They called themselves the Others." President Luthor said, he spoke on. "But these costumed heroes saved us from the terrorist that we would have not beat without them." He walked to every single one of them saying their names and giving them their medals. But when he got to Kara, he didn't know what to call her.

"Call me Supergirl." Kara said.

The League whispered to each other without anyone knowing, "How could you guys trust Luthor?" Shazam asked. They didn't look at each other, they faced the crowd.

"We don't. But we know that he won't attack us right now." Superman replied.

"Good, cause I didn't want to come here in the first place." John said, "This is a one time deal. I don't want to stay in this League."

"Maybe you should," Batman said, "It'll keep GCPD of my back and Air Force of yours."

"That's not the point, we are not a team." John said.

"They seem to think we are." Kara said.

"Can you fly to space?" John asked.

"Yeah, Kal and I came from space." Kara replied.

"That's still not the point, WE ARE NOT A TEAM. We don't even have headquarters." John said.

"I have a Space Station." Batman said.

"John, this might work. With Batman's money, we might be able to do this. Come on we'll have a Space Station!" Flash said.

"Flash is right, if we're staying as a team I'm in." Cyborg said.

"Me too, I wouldn't mind taking down criminals with others. It boring by myself sometimes." Superman said.

"I'm doing whatever Kal does." Kara said.

"I always wanted to be apart of a team." Shazam said.

"I'm in." Wonder Woman said.

"I founded this team, even though I prefer to work alone, I'm in too." Batman said.

"That leaves you John," Cyborg said.

"Fine, it might be fun." John said.

Luthor interrupted them, "There's a big star in Gotham, you think you could stop it?"

"Yup." Flash said.

"Before you leave, what should we call you?" Luthor asked devilishly.

"The Amazing Eight." Shazam said.

"Ugh." Everyone muttered.

"No, we are the Justice League." Superman said.