*Old times, New beginnings*

No need to shower, I was bathing in my own tears. My mother had just passed and it was taking a huge ass toll on me. She was my everything. She was all I had and now I'm on my own. Shit. What am I going to do? I still had a whole damn year until I was eighteen so I had to live with my distant father. Rich, distant father. He was a white middle aged lawyer. How he had gotten there after all the shit he's done, I'm not sure. All I do know is that he's engaged now with two other children.

My mother. She was beautiful. Compaired to me anyway. She was black, from North Carolina. I lived with her all my life and now she's gone. Fuck. The more I laid in bed the more sorrow filled in my head. Her cause of death was unidentified. Didn't matter, I could have done something. I had to get up. My aunt was on her way and I had to present myself better.

I forced myself out of bed to get into the shower. I lightly bathed as I just let the water run over me. The question continuously ran through my mind. What am I going to do? I stepped out once I was finished. My hair was wet as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I proceeded downstairs in my towel as I heard the barks of my dog Quincy. Little taps came for the door as an indication that my aunt was here. I opened the door believing it was only her.

"Abby, baby how are you....." Before she finished she noticed my appearal. "Hey umm.... If you don't mind I brought some guest along." I didn't pick up what she was saying for a second. "Oh... I'm sorry it's fine I will change you can come in." I said to her. I stepped away from the door as it proceeded to open. She came in with a forced smile on her face. I could tell she was crying but she felt it was right to only smile.

She stepped into the door as she introduced a familiar woman. "Abby this is my friend Veronica, she brought her son along so if I were you I'd uh.... Change." She said. Before I could throw a smile and walk back to my room he stepped into my house. I knew him. He looked at me. Then frowned. "Abigail I'm sure you know Jayden he goes to your school. Jayden that's Abigail." Veronica says. Neither said shit. We were both very aware of eachother. Veronica nudged him which forced the word out of his mouth. "Uh yea hey." He mumbled. "Hey." I said back.

Realizing what I was wearing I turned and scurried into my room and threw on some clothes from my closet.

As I entered the living room Jayden had already made himself comfortable. Veronica and my aunt were talking until she noticed I had entered. "How are you feeling?" My aunt asked me. Wasn't a good time to ask that but it also wasn't a good time for a bullshit of an answer. So I didn't answer. She walked over to me as she placed both her hands on my cheeks.

My aunt was small but tougher than you thought. "My poor baby, I'm sorry this had to happen to you." She says. I simply nod my head. I couldn't find the right words to say. After a moment or two I had noticed Jayden looking at me. He definitely had something to say but he wasn't going to say it. I hated him for it.

"Well, since we're here I figured we could all do something together." My aunt said. She scrummaged around for something as she looked irritated. "Fuck." She said. "What's wrong?" I asked her. " I left my wallet back at the church." She said. "I can't drive if I don't have my license." She was in just as much distress as I had been in. "I'll get it." I announced. She looked up. "Are yo..." Before she finished I interrupted her. "Yea I'll be fine I need a drive anyway." I said to her. I grabbed my keys and as I was. "You should take Jayden!" Veronica blurts. I looked up at her and then at him as he does the same. "No!" He said. "Fuck you to." I mummbled. "Yes, Abigail needs support right now you should be there Jayden. Now go." It wasn't really a choice. So I never commented. There was no point in fighting it she was going to fight me about it anyway. So he threw his coat on and we walked out the door.