Chapter 1: For You

7/19/2015 - Note to Readers: I have re edited this chapter and will be going back and editing some of my other older chapters. I have added a few new parts to this edited chapter, but mostly just fixed grammar and continuity mistakes. Enjoy.

Chapter 1

It had been a little over a year since Shield's fall to Hydra, and Nick Fury and the Avengers were still out, fighting to bring down the Nazi developed agency. Clint Barton, Hawkeye, and his partner, and secret wife, Natasha Romanoff, The Black Widow, are sent into an old Shield base to try and recover old records on alien artifacts that could help Hydra develop weapons of mass destruction. Going into the mission, the two highly trained assassins knew their ultimate objective, get the records. Once arriving at the base the two are ambushed by an unexpected battalion of Hydra troops. Natasha fights her way to the base's database and manages to download the records while Clint tries to contact Shield for back up and an extraction team.

There Natasha stood with Hydra enemies advancing towards her from every side, and not a single person to help her fight them off. She had made it to the top level of the hijacked Shield building only to be ambushed by over thirty Hydra troops. Of course being the Black Widow she could handle her own, but seeing she was already injured and facing thirty men, she began to question how long she could hold them off.

Gritting her jaw as she ruthlessly dodged the flying bullets, she slid to the hard floor in a split second and shot her arms up, and as she did released a rain of pounding bullets, shooting anyone who advanced towards her. They all shot at her, kicked her, stabbed at her, or attacked her by throwing punches. Being a skilled hand to hand combatant she easily was able to keep them at bay, kicking them square in the head and knocking several men out before she sent bullets through their skulls. She had seen up close what Hydra was capable of, they were ruthless and merciless. She wasn't here to give pity to them, no, they were here to kill her, and she would do the same.

While she was plowing through them either by bullet or by her own hand, more soldiers rushed onto that top level where Natasha was, as Hydra was planning to take out the Black Widow once and for all. She had her aim on one man, when suddenly she saw another man aiming at her out of the corner of her eye. Acting at lightning quick speed, the young assassin ducked the bullet that was fired right over her head as she pulled the trigger and shot the man. It was as she did that she extended one of her legs and easily tripped another advancing soldier, only to shoot him in the head before he fell completely. She knew she couldn't take them all on, and as she aimed to shoot another man she felt a sudden thrust of searing pain run right into her side.

Glance downward quickly, she saw a stream of thick red blood from a gunshot seep out of her side. Since she was moving as the bullet hit her it didn't seem to have caused immediate fatal damage, but it surely weakened her for soon an endless gush of crimson blood ran from her side. It slowed her down, and with every move, whether it be to shoot or dodge an oncoming bullet, a wave of pain ran through her. Her eyes grew bloodshot, and sweat began to race down her brow as she bared through the hot and intense pain. With every movement she made, the bullet lodged itself deeper into her side and the gnarly wound opened more. She wouldn't allow herself to go out like this, gunned down out of her own weakness. No, not when Clint was relying on her to hold these troops back. She knew if they got past her and Clint didn't know, he may as well be dead as well, and so she held on. Using her pure rage and hate for her ruthless enemy to power right through the waves of pain, she fought on.

It was as the russian fought on that she realized it didn't seem the reinforcements of Hydra soldiers were slowing, and if things were going as they should have Clint would have contacted Shield by now. Yet there was still no sign of the agency or Clint, and she couldn't afford to try and call him on her own, because if she stopped her fight for a second she'd die before she could make the call. It was as she felt another bullet break her right leg as it run right through her flesh and into her bone, did the agile assassin collapse completely onto the floor.