Chapter Two

Kendra, 19

I woke up at around two, and I felt pretty well rested after being in the hospital. I decided to spend the rest of the day at Trent's, since I didn't have anything else up for today. My mom kind of hesitated on giving me the OK to go because she wanted me to get my rest, but I assured her that I was well rested. I took a shower and put some simple clothes so I could be comfortable. Then, I got into my mom's dumb car and drove over to Trent's apartment.

After I pulled up, I took a second to observe my surroundings. Trent's apartment was in a fairly nice neighborhood. The apartments themselves were pretty nice as well. The complex was painted a nice shade of blue and the grass was neatly and freshly cut.

I got out of the car slowly, due to the fact that I was in a tinsey bit of pain, and walked up to Trent's door. I put my hear to the door, just to see if I could hear his ass singing like always. To my surprise, I didn't hear anything at all, so I just rang the doorbell.

"Who is it?", Trent yelled at the door, after a couple seconds of me knocking.

"Bruh, you have a peephole. Use it", I said to him through the door.

"Nah, cuz what if somebody holdin' a gun to the peephole, and they shoot my fuckin' eye out?", he said through the door.

"Trent open this damn door!", I said loudly. I heard him laugh and then a couple seconds later, he opened the door.

"Took you long enough. You sittin' there, talkin' to me through the damn door. The hell?", I said to him, as I walked through the door, while he was still laughing.

"It's good to see you too, ma", he smiled at me and then gave me a lengthy kiss. After that lovely greeting, I walked over to his couch in the living room, and sat down on it, not slowly, but at a comfortable pace.

"Now what was you doin' before I got here, because for once, I didn't hear your loud ass singin'?", I said to Trent, getting comfortable.

"Nah, I was singin'! You just didn't hear me cuz I was back here in the kitchen", he responded from the kitchen.

"And what was you doin' in there? Because I know you don't cook", I said smartly.

"Keep gettin' smart with me and imma whoop that ass", he said to me in a ghetto girl voice. "And for your information, I was cookin' somethin' for you", he said walking out of the kitchen with a plate in his hand.

"Awww babe", I said to him with my bottom lip puckered out. He smiled at me and sat the plate down on the table, after giving me a kiss. I looked down at the plate and was disappointed in what I saw.

"Trent..?", I called out to him, still looking down at the plate.

"Wassup?", he answered, glancing back and forth from me to the television.

"What is this?", I asked him.

"It's a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, with a dill pickle on it", he said proudly with a smile on his face. I rubbed my hand down my face and sighed. My baby was a piece of work.

"Baby, I appreciate this, I really do", I started, "but why the hell did you put a pickle on a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich?", I asked.

"Cuz, I remember you told me that you liked pickles on yours", he said, not taking his eyes off of the television.

I laughed loudly, "Trent, I told you that I like pickles on my BURGERS, not my peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches. That don't even make sense", I laughed.

"Close enough", he laughed with me. I sat back and rested my head on his shoulder, as we laughed at a couple of things that some idiots did on that show Ridiculousness. It was times like these that made me appreciate Trent the most. He was always willing to make me feel comfortable, no matter what we were doing. He told me that he didn't have to party all the time and that he was okay with just relaxing at home with me, and thats why I love him.