T H E . G O O D . S I D E .☂- 1

NOTES: the video linked above is the one that this story is referencing. Also, Chloe is 17 and Madelyn is 16 in this story.

MADELYN'S POV

"A new girl is arriving today." Adelaide said, leaving me confused. "What??!" I exclaimed, unaware that there would be someone new here today. "Yea. She'll be here at around 5:00 i th-" Before she could finish, she was cut off by a brown-haired boy. "Hey Winterstep! I'm gonna have the team help out with lessons is that okay?" He asked. "yea it's fine." Adelaide responded before jumping off of the fence, looking up towards me. "Well, good luck Mads!" She exclaimed before walking towards the paddock with the boy.

 I sighed before leading Duke out of his stall. I quickly put on his tack before swinging my leg over his back and urging him forward calmly. I trotted over to the Baroness before asking, "Where will the new girl be when she gets here? Also do you know her name?" "She will be at the South Hoof docks, and her name is Chloe Reid." She replied. I let out a gasp before dropping the reins and covering my mouth with my hands.

 Though I never had enough money - and still dont - for expensive english tack and spent most of my life barrel racing, I have always hoped to do showjumping; Chloe being one of my biggest inspirations.  I looked at the clock, seeing that the time was 4:30. "Oh crap.." I whispered quietly to myself before urging Duke into a gallop down the cobblestone path and towards south hoof. I assumed the ferry would take too long, so i had to take the long way. I raced towards Nilmer's Highland, across the bridge, through the forest and towards New Hillcrest. It was 4:57 when i had finally reached the south hoof docks.

I let out a shaky breath, not knowing if she had already left or had not arrived yet. Though that soon changed when i saw the ferry arrive. the gate opened, making a loud creaking sound and out stepped Chloe along with a horse in which i have surprisingly had not seen before. I smiled in excitement before dismounting Duke and walking over to her.