Chapter 1

"The days are flying by so quickly Reagan, I can't believe you're already gonna be 13 in two months" my mom said as we laid on the bed together watching television. "Mommy. Two months. That's very far from now" I said, we laughed.

"What do you want to do for your 13th birthday hun?"

"I'd rather spend it with family, the class is going to be in Vancouver during my birthday so all my friends won't be home." I didn't really enjoy going on overnight trips with my classmates, or my school in general. Something about being away overnight from my mom made me want to barf. "Well I guess we could make that work" my mom said as she got off the bed switching off the television. "I thought you were gonna want something extravagant but whatever makes you happy."

"You know family makes me happy mommy, and that's what I want."

"I'll talk to the family and see what they say."

I rolled myself to the end of bed and sat beside her. "I can't believe I'm gonna 13 mommy" I leaned my head on to her shoulder, faced down into her shirt "I love you mommy." "I love you babes. And even though you're a beautiful young lady now, you'll always be my baby."

I raised my head up off her shirt. I looked back at her shirt to see my drawn on eyebrows imprinted on to her shirt. "My eyebrows are on you mommy." "Oh God Reagan, please rub them off."

I don't know why my family always had a problem with my eyebrows being imprinted all over them, it was just brown eyeshadow & a brown pencil.