Chapter 4

When we got home we were sitting on the couch in the living room talking while I was on my phone and my mom was reading a cookbook she bought.

I swear, she always buys at least two cookbooks every time she goes out.

"You know you had a panic attack today in at McDonalds, right?" She asked out of nowhere.

"Yes mommy, I know."

"I thought your anxiety was gone, Reagan."

"It is mommy, It was just one time. It hasn't happened in 3 years, it's okay. It's not coming back, I promise." I reassured her.

I developed anxiety when I was 7 in 2008.

I didn't really understand much of what was going on other than the negative racing thoughts that went through my head everyday.

The only things I remember was I stopped eating, I saw about 4 different doctors, got medication that I never took, cried every night with my mom, ended up in the hospital for being to skinny and then it was all over.

My cousin died in 2010 which didn't really help my condition. But I just had to live with it and accept it, I guess.

My anxiety went away for good in 2011. Everything went back to normal and we were happy again.

I haven't had a panic attack since then, so the incident that occurred today was very unusual, but oh well.