Chapter 7

Dear diary,

I dropped my phone and felt for Matilda my best friend. Then I realized that I needed to make dinner for the family...How I wish I had a sister to help me in the kitchen

After dinner, we chatted with dad, had a family prayer and went to sleep.

****On Monday****

I woke up early in the morning and did some house chores and prayed.

I went into the bathroom and brushed and also bathed. I opened my wardrobe and brought out an ash tank top that suit my long stature, a blue jeans with pink sandals. I braided my hair. I sat at the front of my mirror and brought out my make-up purse from my drawer.

I applied foundation on my face and a peach lip gloss. This was the Monday I was waiting for. "See you on Monday!" Was the last thing Zack said to me, so I was sure looking forward to seeing him too!

I am sure I'm the popular girl at school now. But I was scared for my best friend because people will for sure mock her. I stood up and admired myself and went to the living room only to find out that my parent were still asleep. I brought out my pen and paper to write a letter to them that I was gone.

********

"Dearest mom and dad, good morning guess you are both tired and fast asleep

I'm gone to school. Love you both

-Bailey-

After writing the letter, I opened their room door gently and kept it on their reading table where mum normally keeps her work bag. I rushed out of the house and guess who I hit? It was Matilda who was about ringing my door bell.

"Oh sorry" I said. "Its okay, this reminds me of the first day we met" she replied. "Oh yeah, that's true" I said smiling and giving her a hug.

"Oh you look great Bailey, I love your outfit. You've never worn this one before!" She said. "Yeah, It was my 14 birthday present from one of my aunt in Nigeria" I said to her. "Thanks, you look nice too" I said to her not really meaning it. Matilda was wearing a white sleeveless top with "NONE –A-LOSER" written at the front, and blue baggy pants with a sport canvas. And with her hair packed into two with no makeup at all but still looked pretty as she is naturally.

"Am sure your crush will definitely have a crush on you" Matilda said in a teasing manner. "Um...stop it" I said smiling and blushing.

We walked to school fast and met the student in the assembly hall. We sat down and listened carefully as principal spoke of how well Legend team did great job. "Please welcome Zack Mitch and Bailey Jackson to the stage.

I smiled and got up. Matilda was busy clapping and shouting motivating others to do so, soon the whole students in the hall started clapping "That's my bestie" I thought to myself. I walked out and stood beside Zack who looked and smiled at me.

"They are the basket ball champions for this year" Principal announced as the school head boy handed me a certificate and to Zack too. Zack kept smiling at me and I kept blushing.

"Vey shortly, we will be calling out the soccer champions for the year.

The "EXTRA-ORDINARY" team did a great job on Saturday, so let's welcome it's Champion to the stage. "Mercy Gibson and Justine Austin should please step out." The principal said and the head girl handed their certificate to them. "We all know that it's a tradition here that the champions become the student sport leader. But Zack, this year you will have to give up this seat because you have been the leader for almost three years, because you have always been a champion. So is going to be given to Dave, the guy who also helped score!" The principal said and stopped to look at Zack's reaction but Zack smiled and he was even happy about it. "Zack, what do you think about it?" Principal asked him. "Its okay sir, I think others should be given the opportunity too" Zack said in a gentle guys tone.