Chapter 5

Three days have passed and John has taken a liking to school, in fact he's on par with Weiss when it comes to grades and paying attention, just he can hold information better and doesn't study so much. He loves Professor Peach's class which is weapon design and how weapons are made, him and Ruby both excel at it. Combat class he needs work in. He went up against Pyrrha Nikos but lost, he did get a few good hits. So John is taking training lessons from not only his team, which Ozpin put him on, but from JNPR too. Right now they were eating breakfast in the cafeteria. John mostly had meat like bacon and sausage, with a few waffles, Ruby had pancakes with tons of syrup along with Nora, Yang had some biscuits and gravy, Blake had cereal, and Weiss had a healthy balance of the foods.

"So guys, what do you think we'll be studying about in Port's class?" John asked.

"More of his dumb stories," Yang replied. The rest nodded.

"Awe, c'mon the stories aren't that bad," John said.

"They make me wanna sleep," Ruby said, she was sitting next to John.

"Whatever you say," John said. Just then the overhead speakers came on.

"Will team RWBY and John please come to Ozpin's office please," Glynda said, the speaker cut.

"Alright, let's see what the headmaster wants," John said.

The team entered Ozpin's office. "Good morning team RWBY, John, how are you?" Ozpin asked.

"Well, so what's up?" Yang asked.

"I have another mission for you," Ozpin said. Ruby pumped her arm.

"Yes!' she cheered.

"Sir, we already done a mission," Weiss said.

"But your new team member hasn't yet," Ozpin said. Weiss eyes widen as he was doing a smartass move. Yang snickers.

"So what's the mission professor?" Ruby asked.

"A dust mine has been giving reports of strange creatures attack their workers, ultimately shutting the mine down. I want your team to go in and investigate," Ozpin said.

"Don't worry professor, we'll solve this case!" Ruby said, giving a thumbs up.

"I know you will," Ozpin said. Before John could leave Ozpin stopped him and told him to stay for a bit.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up," John said. He walks up and sits in a chair. "What is it Professor?" he asked.

"I have been contacted by James Ironwood, General of the Atlas military. He wanted to bargain with you, your technology for whatever the Atlas can provi-"

"No" John interrupted.

"Hm?" Ozpin raised his eyebrow.

"Most of my stuff were gifts from my mother and other Snow Pirates I consider family. So if the General wants my things then he's gonna have to pry it from my dead hands, that's a promise," John said, with fire in his eyes. Ozpin hummed a little.

"Okay. I'll make sure he gets your reply. You may leave," Ozpin said. John nods and leaves his office.

Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and John quickly got ready and went to the mine. The drop ship lands just outside the main building, near the mine. Outside there was a man in a business outfit wait. He greeted the team as they walked out of the drop ship.

"Are you the team from Beacon?" the man asked.

"Yes we are, don't worry about telling us what's going on, our headmaster already told us," John said.